FIGHTING OUR BATTLES

 1 Kings 20:2-3,13,21

Ben-hadad sent messengers into the city to relay this message to King Ahab of Israel: “This is what Ben-hadad says:

‘Your silver and gold are mine, and so are your wives and the best of your children!’”

Then a certain prophet came to see King Ahab of Israel and told him, “This is what the Lord says: Do you see all these enemy forces? Today I will hand them all over to you. Then you will know that I am the Lord.”

However, the king of Israel destroyed the other horses and chariots and slaughtered the Arameans.


The children of Israel were God's chosen people, however they were not faithful, from the king on the throne to many who went the way of idolatry.


However, God decided to deal with king Ben-hadad and his allies who came against Israel.


It was not that Ahab or the people were worthy or deserved this help, but God decided to preserve His people all the same.


Remember who God is,  from how He introduced Himself to Moses:


Exodus 34:6

The Lord passed in front of Moses, calling out, “Yahweh! The Lord! 

The God of compassion and mercy! 

I am slow to anger and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness.


However, when you read the next verse be careful, because if you take God for granted, you get yourself hurt.


So all those great things working out for you, those special favours that you know were not by your efforts, do not take them for granted. Do not say, "I don't need God" or "I will live anyhow I please", NO!


Appreciate God, and live to please Him. Don't get distracted or confused, stay on track. There will be a time to give account.


May we always be found faithful.


PRAYER

Loving Father, keep me faithful, continue to fight my battles, I know Your Angels are always on good assignment concerning me, I am safe in Your care Lord. Glory to Your name Lord forevermore.


He calls us blessed.


Love

@the watcher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES