SURROUND YOURSELF

1 Chronicles 27:32

Jonathan, David’s uncle, was a wise counselor to the king, a man of great insight, and a scribe. Jehiel the Hacmonite was responsible for teaching the king’s sons.


We can learn from king David what every good leader in time past has put into practice.


SURROUND yourself with the right people. Build the right team.


Listen, when you take up any position or assignment your success is as good as your team.


Listen again, no matter how good a coach you are if you have a bad team, winning remains a dream, it cannot be fulfilled, they could even be individually great players but if they break the rules they are penalized. If they refuse to work as a team then they lose. 


Also, as an individual you need to surround yourself with the right people.


My personal policy is to have good friends and associates or not to have any at all. To be close to me then we must be able to impact each other positively and neither bring each other nor others down.


Proverbs 17:17

A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need.


I remember a write up on this devotional titled, "Are you my friend?", it was inspired to me when I and some others needed to ask ourselves that question. What is the essence of the supposed friendship? Is it one sided or is it mutually beneficial. Are we getting better, are we prospering from it, does it also help us get closer to God.


What is the essence of your association???


So brethren surround yourself with the right people.


Do you know where you are headed? Then surround yourself with people who are headed there or are already there. Be wise.


Are you a child of God, then surround yourself with His presence don't play with the study of the word, prayers and worship. Do good things for that is your very nature.


What does God say He will do?


Isaiah 41:10

Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. 

Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. 

I will strengthen you and help you. 

I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.


O help us Good Lord.


PRAYER

Loving Father surround me with Your presence and the right people that I will continue to prosper and increase in all good things. Glory to Your name Lord forevermore.


He calls us blessed.


Love

@the watcher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

IF HE SAID IT, HE WILL DO IT