PREPARE THEM FOR IT

1 Chronicles 22:5,13,19

David said, “My son Solomon is still young and inexperienced. And since the Temple to be built for the Lord must be a magnificent structure, famous and glorious throughout the world, I will begin making preparations for it now.” So David collected vast amounts of building materials before his death.

For you will be successful if you carefully obey the decrees and regulations that the lord gave to Israel through Moses. Be strong and courageous; do not be afraid or lose heart!

Now seek the Lord your God with all your heart and soul. Build the sanctuary of the Lord God so that you can bring the Ark of the Lord’s Covenant and the holy vessels of God into the Temple built to honor the Lord’s name.”


Yes David was passionate about building the temple of the Lord. His motivation was love and honour, he was not looking for any special gain or personal recognition he already had that.


However, God said he couldn't because his hand had shed a lot of blood.


1 Chronicles 22:7-10

“My son, I wanted to build a Temple to honor the name of the Lord my God,” David told him.

“But the Lord said to me, ‘You have killed many men in the battles you have fought. And since you have shed so much blood in my sight, you will not be the one to build a Temple to honor my name.

But you will have a son who will be a man of peace. I will give him peace with his enemies in all the surrounding lands. His name will be Solomon, and I will give peace and quiet to Israel during his reign.

He is the one who will build a Temple to honor my name. He will be my son, and I will be his father. And I will secure the throne of his kingdom over Israel forever.’


Now let us look at a heart that is truly after God's heart. Yes, he couldn't build the temple, what did he do? He prepared his son for it and began to prepare massive materials for the project.


Why do you think Solomon had that heart for the people, that as a young king all He asked from God when He was given a blank cheque was to ask for wisdom to lead the people?


He had been trained well for it.


Listen, you who is of God. How well have you prepared your children for the times to come. Are they ready to achieve those things you could not achieve?


Are they ready to stand in faith and not be shaken by the perversion that has filled the earth and even penetrated supposed churches.


Proverbs 22:6

Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it.


Some would say there is an age when you cannot dictate to them what to do. That is why you must start early.


As you go about making money and preparing your safe financial future do not neglect your primary assignment. Make sure your children have you not just as a parent but as a teacher, priest, prophet, confident and mentor.

(I do not want to believe that as adults we would be wasting our time with worthless gossips, lies, hatred, jealousy, backbiting and other malicious acts, no, we are not that stupid. We know how important our assignments are!)


Here the Lord will help us. We would not only pray with them, we will teach them how to pray.


We will not just tell them what to do, we will be good examples.


Let us "PREPARE THEM FOR IT"


O help us Good Lord.


PRAYER 

Help me Lord to be a good example to my children and all I influence that they would live for You and do Your work. None under my care and influence will miss it, they would please You and fulfil purpose. Glory to Your name Lord forevermore.


He calls us blessed.


Love

@the watcher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

IF HE SAID IT, HE WILL DO IT