WE OBEY GOD'S LAW

Matthew 5:17-20“

Don’t misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.

I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of God’s law will disappear until its purpose is achieved.

So if you ignore the least commandment and teach others to do the same, you will be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven. But anyone who obeys God’s laws and teaches them will be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven.

“But I warn you—unless your righteousness is better than the righteousness of the teachers of religious law and the Pharisees, you will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven!


The question always is, what is "God's laws". What instructions did God give to us? Simple: "the TEN commandments" and they are summarized as Jesus did:


Mark 12:29-34

Jesus replied, “The most important commandment is this: ‘Listen, O Israel! The Lord our God is the one and only Lord.

And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.’

The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.”

The teacher of religious law replied, “Well said, Teacher. You have spoken the truth by saying that there is only one God and no other.

And I know it is important to love him with all my heart and all my understanding and all my strength, and to love my neighbor as myself. This is more important than to offer all of the burnt offerings and sacrifices required in the law.”

Realizing how much the man understood, Jesus said to him, “You are not far from the Kingdom of God.” And after that, no one dared to ask him any more questions.


It has to do with God, then others!


Matthew 22:37-40

Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’

This is the first and greatest commandment.

A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.”


Simple!


People would say but Moses said this and Moses said that:


Let us hear He who is greater than Moses:


Matthew 19:7-8

“Then why did Moses say in the law that a man could give his wife a written notice of divorce and send her away?” they asked.

Jesus replied, “Moses permitted divorce only as a concession to your hard hearts, but it was not what God had originally intended.


To understand the law we understand the essence of the law, it was for two things: love of God and love of fellow humans.


So the baseline is love!


No wonder, Christ taught:


John 14:15,24

“If you love me, obey my commandments.

Anyone who doesn’t love me will not obey me. And remember, my words are not my own. What I am telling you is from the Father who sent me.


The pillar of obedience is love.


So do you have the love of God in your heart or has something else occupied that space?


Jesus said you cannot serve two masters, very true, for some are claiming to serve God but iniquity and evil thinkings is what fills their heart.


They cannot say what they have in their hearts out for it stinks. This is not the life of Christ. No. We must delete it!


How do you think towards God, how do you think towards others. Are you always seeing everyone as an enemy, a competition, people to war against, O ye of little mind free yourself. Live!!!


Let God's love flow through you that He would have something to do with you.


Enough of all these hate in your heart, then you jump from one programme to another thinking that you would find God there, when He knocks at the door of your heart and you have refused to open. What an irony.


Can we begin to walk in obedience can we display the nature of the God we claim to serve.


Can we let God's love fill our heart so that we can walk in obedience to Him.


Ephesians 3:19

May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.


Help us Good Lord.


PRAYER

Loving Father, let You love fill me that I may walk in obedience to You and please You in all things. You will never leave me alone Lord, You are always there for me. Glory to Your name Lord forevermore.


He calls us blessed.


Love

@the watcher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES