NO FORGIVENESS, NO OFFERING

Matthew 5:23-24

“So if you are presenting a sacrifice at the altar in the Temple and you suddenly remember that someone has something against you,

leave your sacrifice there at the altar. Go and be reconciled to that person. Then come and offer your sacrifice to God.


The person of the Heavenly Father have been wrongly presented to the people by many, be they preachers or ministers no matter what title they carry.


Many have represented God as one who needs something from us for Him to act. Others present God as One who needs to come down from Heaven to manifest Himself, some go ahead to describe a God that can be bribed, sentimental yet still others describe Him as a killer, etc.


Only One person could describe God properly in the whole time that man has existed,and that person is Himself!


Isaiah 45:22

Let all the world look to me for salvation! 

For I am God; there is no other.


This is why people can conclude that the Son is also the same person with the Father.


John 1:18

No one has ever seen God. But the unique One, who is himself God, is near to the Father’s heart. He has revealed God to us.


So if anyone would ever see God physically they would see Christ. Selah


So when Christ tells us about God He talks of His own person too and that is what we should accept.


Not what any religion, denomination, sect or individual dignity tells you.


So what does Christ say about giving to God?


He said God is not interested in your offering if you still hold grudges against another in your heart.


No wonder Paul explains:


1 Corinthians 13:3

If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.


John expounds on this:


1 John 4:20-21

If someone says, “I love God,” but hates a fellow believer, that person is a liar; for if we don’t love people we can see, how can we love God, whom we cannot see?

And he has given us this command: Those who love God must also love their fellow believers.


So listen great giver to the Lord. Make sure your offerings are not in vain. Live at peace with everyone, stop carrying grudges or offences in your heart, so that the Lord would accept you and what you bring.


Romans 12:18

Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone.


We will be accepted of the Lord, our offerings would be accepted, we walk in love and peace. Glory to God.


PRAYER

Loving Father keep me pure in You, may I hold no grudge, hatred or offences in my heart. Help me Lord so that I will please You in all things. I am accepted and my offerings are also accepted. Glory to Your name Lord forevermore.


He calls us blessed.


Love

@the watcher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES