TAKE ACTION, CHANGE THE NARRATIVE

1 Chronicles 4:1,9-10

The descendants of Judah were Perez, Hezron, Carmi, Hur, and Shobal.

There was a man named Jabez who was more honorable than any of his brothers. His mother named him Jabez because his birth had been so painful.

He was the one who prayed to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and expand my territory! Please be with me in all that I do, and keep me from all trouble and pain!” And God granted him his request.


When you begin to read the book of 1Chronicles, you see a long list of names stating the genealogy of the people at that time, all the way from Adam.


However, you notice that as the list is being read, it just has to pause at some point to talk about someone, yes, an event that cannot be ignored.


Jabez was one of those people.


Jabez had a bad beginning because his own mother named him "sorrowful" because he was born in pain.


Wait, what did scriptures record about him:


1 Chronicles 4:9a

There was a man named Jabez who was more honorable than any of his brothers. 


He was more honourable than his brothers. Does this remind you of Joseph?


His state was sorrowful but that was not his aora, that was not what his content was. He was honourable.


Many are in this position, they are honourable, the love to do good. They may even love God however they may be trapped in various things, this could include:


*  a family that has a bad name, or have accepted to walk in failure


* a supposed man of God or prophet who has kept them captive in fear, therefore they cannot move forward unless the person moves them


* a toxic or uncomfortable environment (community, region, state or country) that has tied then down in mediocrity or frustration


The list continues . . .


Jabez was in this type of situation. 


However, the breakthrough was knowing that it did not have to remain that way. You can be set free! Glory


John 8:32

And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”


Many discover this and do not take the most important step, some go to the wrong place for help. No!


Jabez took the right step:


1 Chronicles 4:10

He was the one who prayed to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and expand my territory! Please be with me in all that I do, and keep me from all trouble and pain!” And God granted him his request.


He went to God!


Matthew 11:28

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.


And the bible said that God answered him.


There are prayers that God always answers and the most important one is the prayer of salvation!


John 6:37

However, those the Father has given me will come to me, and I will never reject them.


Are you still in bondage, from whoever or whatever, it is time to take action and emancipate yourself. Change the narrative. The choice is yours and power is God's.


You don't have to remain in that position, you don't have to stay in complain, take action. The first should be prayers. Talk to God He is there always, you are the one that goes off radar!


It is time to move forward.


We win.


PRAYER

Loving Father, I emancipate myself from every form of bondage or captivity because You have set me free. You came to set the captive free. I live in Your liberty and prosper in Your kingdom here on earth. Glory to Your name Lord forevermore.


He calls us blessed.


Love

@the watcher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES