STAY CONNECTED

2 Kings 3:10-12,14

“What should we do?” the king of Israel cried out. “The Lord has brought the three of us here to let the king of Moab defeat us.”

But King Jehoshaphat of Judah asked, “Is there no prophet of the lord with us? If there is, we can ask the Lord what to do through him.”One of King Joram’s officers replied, “Elisha son of Shaphat is here. He used to be Elijah’s personal assistant.”

Jehoshaphat said, “Yes, the Lord speaks through him.” So the king of Israel, King Jehoshaphat of Judah, and the king of Edom went to consult with Elisha.

Elisha replied, “As surely as the Lord Almighty lives, whom I serve, I wouldn’t even bother with you except for my respect for King Jehoshaphat of Judah.


Listen, do not disconnect yourself from God no matter what is happening in the world be it good or bad. Do not wait till you face a challenge for you to know how important your maker is to you.


King Joram came from a line of kings who had lived a sinful life, doing things that were not pleasing to God, however the Bible records that he was not as bad as his father Ahab or mother Jezebel, however he still walked in the ways of Jeroboam who sinned against the Lord:


2 Kings 3:1-3

Ahab’s son Joram began to rule over Israel in the eighteenth year of King Jehoshaphat’s reign in Judah. He reigned in Samaria twelve years.

He did what was evil in the Lord’s sight, but not to the same extent as his father and mother. He at least tore down the sacred pillar of Baal that his father had set up.

Nevertheless, he continued in the sins that Jeroboam son of Nebat had committed and led the people of Israel to commit.


So when he went to war with Jehoshaphat and they found themselves in trouble, he would not have had an audience with Elisha if not for the sake of king Jehoshaphat of Judah.


1 Kings 22:43a

Jehoshaphat was a good king, following the example of his father, Asa. He did what was pleasing in the Lord’s sight. 


Listen, stay in connection with God, He is the One that will keep you. Those things taking you away from Him now are only temporary, remember that the deal is for both now and the time to come.


Listen, you do not qualify to be protected from the deceit of the enemy unless you stay under His cover.


Get it clear, I mean under the cover of the Heavenly Father, not any denomination, church, religion or any human no matter their title.


The connection with God was done by Christ, God Himself revealed in the flesh. And His seal is still God Himself revealed in the Holy Spirit.


Stay with God.


Your spiritual leaders are there to help you do this and not to take God's place.


Stay under His cover:


Listen,


Psalms 91:1-4,14-16

Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

This I declare about the Lord: 

He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him.

For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease.

He will cover you with his feathers. 

He will shelter you with his wings. 

His faithful promises are your armor and protection.

The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me. 

I will protect those who trust in my name.

When they call on me, I will answer; 

I will be with them in trouble. 

I will rescue and honor them.

I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation.”


Stay connected.


In prayer, study of the word and of course worship (remember worship is not just about lifting hands, lying down, speaking in tongues and other activities made in the presence of others). It is more than that, your restrain from evil, your discipline and love to others is the true worship of God.


Matthew 5:16

In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.


Brethren, STAY CONNECTED


PRAYER

Loving Father, nothing will disconnect me from You, keep me connected in more and more intensity. In You I live and move and have my being. Glory to Your name Lord forevermore.


He calls us blessed.


Love

@the watcher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES