DON'T TAKE IT FOR GRANTED

2 Kings 13:4-5

Then Jehoahaz prayed for the Lord’s help, and the Lord heard his prayer, for he could see how severely the king of Aram was oppressing Israel.

So the Lord provided someone to rescue the Israelites from the tyranny of the Arameans. Then Israel lived in safety again as they had in former days.


When God introduced Himself to Moses He said:


Exodus 34:6

The Lord passed in front of Moses, calling out, 

“Yahweh! The Lord! 

The God of compassion and mercy! 

I am slow to anger and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness.


The very nature of God is Love, compassion and mercy. He is faithful.


However, when He shows us these bountifulness, do we take it for granted?


Look through the kings that had ruled in Israel, they all walked in wickedness sinning against God, reign after reign starting from Jeroboam, then we see Ahab etc.


It was because of this evil that the Lord allowed their enemies to take advantage of them:


2 Kings 13:2-3

But he did what was evil in the Lord’s sight. He followed the example of Jeroboam son of Nebat, continuing the sins that Jeroboam had led Israel to commit.

So the Lord was very angry with Israel, and he allowed King Hazael of Aram and his son Ben-hadad to defeat them repeatedly.


However when the oppression was so much the king cries out to God and in His mercy nature, God sent help.


2 Kings 13:4-5

Then Jehoahaz prayed for the Lord’s help, and the Lord heard his prayer, for he could see how severely the king of Aram was oppressing Israel.

So the Lord provided someone to rescue the Israelites from the tyranny of the Arameans. Then Israel lived in safety again as they had in former days.


However, what was the response of the king and the people to this great act of love, compassion and mercy?


2 Kings 13:6

But they continued to sin, following the evil example of Jeroboam. They also allowed the Asherah pole in Samaria to remain standing.


When I read this I was pissed off, yes angry with this nation that could not take advantage of what they had.


Do you know what it means for the Creator of all things. The Alpha and Omega to single you out from all the nations and call you specially His own?


It means no nation can stand before you, they actually will bow to you. Nothing you need would be lacking etc.


Instead the people of Israel and their king took this for granted.


In my annoyance I had to pause and ask myself:


Am I better than them?


Look at the sacrifice God did for me, dying to set me free that I may be family. Have I not taken it for granted?


When I continue to do wrong, making bad choices and hating others, am I better than the Israelites?


When I build hate in my heart, backbite, deceive myself by lying about my true self, my thoughts filled with wrath and all that is contrary to God's nature, am I not making the same error like these Israelites.


When I serve money and just jump from one program to another, one challenge to another, one pastor to another because I want the things in this world, what makes me better than these people?


Listen, many who do all these jamboree prayers, services, worships, deliverances etc have no personal relationship with God. 


Jesus Himself said it:


John 6:26-27,30,35-37(read the whole chapter)

Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, you want to be with me because I fed you, not because you understood the miraculous signs.

But don’t be so concerned about perishable things like food. Spend your energy seeking the eternal life that the Son of Man can give you. For God the Father has given me the seal of his approval.”

They answered, “Show us a miraculous sign if you want us to believe in you. What can you do?

Jesus replied, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

But you haven’t believed in me even though you have seen me.

However, those the Father has given me will come to me, and I will never reject them.


Many who run after miracles, signs and wonders do not know God, they just want solution to their problems, food, money of course the luxuries of this world.


Their testimonies clearly says what is in their heart!


Can we judge these Israelites when we may even be doing worse?


Are you taking God for granted?


Have you replaced God with someone else or with something else?


It is time to trace your step back to the One who saved you, died for you and then called you His own.


John 4:23-24

But the time is coming—indeed it’s here now—when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship him that way.

For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.”


Enough of all these madness or embarrassment done here and there in the name of the Lord. Jokers, mediocre heros, mammon worshippers, man worship, idolatry and divers perversion being practiced today coined as Christianity. Judgement will start with the house of God, where will it find you.


What have you filled your heart with?


Come back to God!


O help us Good Lord.


PRAYER

Loving Father, never let me take You or Your glory for granted. Lord You are all I have, my faith has never been on anyone or anything else and it will never be. Bring me to the right path Lord, deliver me from any form of sin and foolishness through Your finished work in Christ. Glory to Your name Lord forevermore.


He calls us blessed.


Love

@the watcher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES