COME BACK TO GOD

Psalm 51:4

Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done [this] evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, [and] be clear when thou judgest.


Psalm 41:4

 I said, LORD, be merciful unto me: heal my soul; for I have sinned against thee.


David a man after God's heart allowed himself fall into temptation and he sinned and then sinned again. The punishment did come and they were grave.


The issue was he ran back to God. It was like: "that no matter what it is I stay with God".


2Samuel 24:14

And David said unto Gad, I am in a great strait: let us fall now into the hand of the LORD; for his mercies [are] great: and let me not fall into the hand of man.


John in 1John teaches that we cannot sin, that since we are born of God we are not bound by sin anymore. Sin is of the devil. However if we do sin:


1John 2:1

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:


Observe that this instruction was given to "my little children", every bible translation has it so. So you who claim to be an elder and still err. Hmmmm.


The prodigal son was rotting away from the consequences of his sin till he ran back to his father.


I love the lyrics of Jeremy Camp's song, "i will take you back" :


"The reason why I stand

The answer lies in you

You hung to make me strong

Though my praise was few

When I fall and bring your name down


But I have found in you

A heart that pleads forgiveness

Replacing all these thoughts

Of painful memories

But I know

That your response will always be


I'll take you back always

And even when your fight is over now

Even when your fight is over now

I'll take you back always

And even when the pain is coming through

Even when the pain is coming through

I'll take you back"


The Lord promised to take us back even when we fall:


Lamentations 3 : 22 & 23

[It is of] the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

[They are] new every morning: great [is] thy faithfulness.


The whole of Psalm 136 was about God's mercy.


May we never err but if we do, we should run back to the Father, not away from Him. We are safe in His arms even in any punishment, remember the sacrifice has already been made on your behalf.


I pray the Lord open the eyes of the elders and leaders to lead believers who repent back to the father again and not to cast away or condemn them.


THE LORD WILL HELP US ALL.


PRAYER

Loving Father, keep us with You no matter what happens. We are Yours Lord and have no room for any other. Glory to Your name Lord forevermore.


He calls us blessed.


Love

@ the watcher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES