MAKE IT A LASTING DYNASTY

1 Kings 9:4-8

“As for you, if you will follow me with integrity and godliness, as David your father did, obeying all my commands, decrees, and regulations,

then I will establish the throne of your dynasty over Israel forever. For I made this promise to your father, David: ‘One of your descendants will always sit on the throne of Israel.’

“But if you or your descendants abandon me and disobey the commands and decrees I have given you, and if you serve and worship other gods,

then I will uproot Israel from this land that I have given them. I will reject this Temple that I have made holy to honor my name. I will make Israel an object of mockery and ridicule among the nations.

And though this Temple is impressive now, all who pass by will be appalled and will gasp in horror. They will ask, ‘Why did the Lord do such terrible things to this land and to this Temple?’


We must be reminded of the two sides of a relationship. One great mistake people make is that they feel that relationships should not be maintained but left to chance.


No.


Every relationship needs to be maintained.


The most important relationship a human has is the one with their creator. The Creator Himself also expects that this relationship should be maintained.


Look at the conversation with Solomon after he had finished building the temple. God expected obedience and faithfulness, this was the condition for the dynasty of David to remain in Israel.


Jesus said:


John 14:15

“If you love me, obey my commandments.


God expects our obedience and faithfulness and not deceit and pretence. He is not moved by your laying down prostrate in that fellowship or gathering, He is interested in what is in your heart.


You could do all the spiritual gymnastics but if your heart is still filled with envy, hate, non-forgiveness and all other evil vices, you have a fractured relationship and you can not claim to be His own.


The same way we need to service our relationships, be it with our spouse, children, parents, siblings, friends, co-workers, mentor etc.


To have a thriving relationship both parties must maintain the relationship, putting into it positive effort for it to last.


Relationships crash when only one person is doing the work or when both are not doing the work. We then shouldn't be surprised when it collapses, for we have not properly maintained it.


Our relationship with God is continual and as He takes care of us He expects us to walk in obedience and righteousness, honouring Him in all we do.


Remember:


Romans 2:11

For God does not show favoritism.


How is Your relationship with God? Has anyone or anything taken over God's place in your life?


How is your relationship with your spouse, family, friends etc? Are you playing your own part rightly?


Listen, for every good relationship we need to work to make it a lasting dynasty for many things will arise to truncate it. Don't let that happen.


Keep Your relationship with God intact.


O help us Good Lord.


PRAYER

Loving Father help me to keep my relationship with You intact, let no person, thing or whatsoever ever take Your place in my life. O help me Lord. Help me to keep good relationships. I will have a lasting dynasty that will honour You. Glory to Your name Lord forevermore.


He calls us blessed.


Love

@the watcher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES