DON'T LET IT FAIL ON YOUR WATCH

1 Kings 11:35-36,38

But I will take the kingdom away from his son and give ten of the tribes to you.
His son will have one tribe so that the descendants of David my servant will continue to reign, shining like a lamp in Jerusalem, the city I have chosen to be the place for my name.
If you listen to what I tell you and follow my ways and do whatever I consider to be right, and if you obey my decrees and commands, as my servant David did, then I will always be with you. I will establish an enduring dynasty for you as I did for David, and I will give Israel to you.


A great dynasty rises from one generation to another, however it gets to a point when one becomes careless and causes that dynasty to fall.


We must never be the generation that destroys a lasting dynasty.


Solomon seemed to have been doing okay however there was one stumbling block he had put on his way, and when he got older it brought him down, all his great wisdom could not help him at that time.


He left God to pursue idols of his wives, false gods that could not give eternal life. Scriptures says about them:

Psalms 115:4-8
Their idols are merely things of silver and gold, shaped by human hands.
They have mouths but cannot speak, and eyes but cannot see.
They have ears but cannot hear, and noses but cannot smell.
They have hands but cannot feel, and feet but cannot walk, and throats but cannot make a sound.
And those who make idols are just like them, as are all who trust in them.


You wonder how a man with so much wisdom would fall to those idols. Well, that is the power of consistent persuasion especially when it keeps coming from those intimate with you.


We also look at the desire to know, as Solomon himself wrote:

Ecclesiastes 2:1,11
I said to myself, “Come on, let’s try pleasure. Let’s look for the ‘good things’ in life.” But I found that this, too, was meaningless.
But as I looked at everything I had worked so hard to accomplish, it was all so meaningless—like chasing the wind. There was nothing really worthwhile anywhere.


Ecclesiastes 12:1,12-14
Don’t let the excitement of youth cause you to forget your Creator. Honor him in your youth before you grow old and say, “Life is not pleasant anymore.”
But, my child, let me give you some further advice: Be careful, for writing books is endless, and much study wears you out.
That’s the whole story. Here now is my final conclusion: Fear God and obey his commands, for this is everyone’s duty.
God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing, whether good or bad.


It is one thing to know, it is another to have it in your spirit and another to guard it jealously!


Jude 1:3
Dear friends, I had been eagerly planning to write to you about the salvation we all share. But now I find that I must write about something else, urging you to defend the faith that God has entrusted once for all time to his holy people.


There are always powers working against our faith so we never lose guard, we do not give them room, because they will keep persisting even though they know they are already defeated, they have no other purpose.


Keep your watch brethren, it must never fail on your watch, you must keep the dynasty and let it continue to the next generation.


2 Timothy 1:3-5,13-14
Timothy, I thank God for you—the God I serve with a clear conscience, just as my ancestors did. Night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers.
I long to see you again, for I remember your tears as we parted. And I will be filled with joy when we are together again.
I remember your genuine faith, for you share the faith that first filled your grandmother Lois and your mother, Eunice. And I know that same faith continues strong in you.
Hold on to the pattern of wholesome teaching you learned from me—a pattern shaped by the faith and love that you have in Christ Jesus.
Through the power of the Holy Spirit who lives within us, carefully guard the precious truth that has been entrusted to you.


May God grant us more grace.


We win.


PRAYER
Loving Father, I will stand strong, my generation will keep the faith, O help me Good Lord. I let go of every unequal yoke and all evil association. Glory to Your name Lord forevermore.


He calls us blessed.


Love
@the watcher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES