JUDGMENT BEGINS WITH YOU

2 Samuel 12:5,7

David was furious. “As surely as the Lord lives,” he vowed, “any man who would do such a thing deserves to die!

Then Nathan said to David, “You are that man! The Lord, the God of Israel, says:


The study of the scriptures, even the bible as we have it today, is a life long experience that you cannot exhaust in a lifetime. Many have not yet exhausted a mega-minute part of it, yet they have already run ahead to seek other books. In doing this many have missed their way and become more confused or totally out of order.


Look at our reading for today in the book of 2 Samuel chapter 12.


We see Nathan coming. with God's message to David concerning the terrible deeds he did, we read about these deeds yesterday.


What do we learn?


Child of God, begin judgment with yourself!


We find it very easy to push the accusation to someone else, to see that other person's fault or error, however, we are not ready to look at ourselves to correct our wrong.


Listen, most times when you point fingers at others, you may very well be the one at fault. That message may be about you. Check yourself first before you begin to relate it to others.


Even Our Heavenly Father says through Peter:


1 Peter 4:17a

For the time has come for judgment, and it must begin with God’s household. 


God starts His judgment with His own people before those outside.


We must do the same. 


Christ said this when He was here in the flesh:


Matthew 7:5

Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eye.


This is one thing I have learnt and I keep getting better at doing. I begin by applying the fault to myself first before I begin to look for whoever is at fault. 


Something went wrong, someone offended me or a person or people treated me badly: I begin by looking at myself to see where I am actually at fault so that I can make amends. 


I ask myself:


* How better should I have handled the situation?


* Could the fracas have been avoided? 


* How do I prevent this from happening next time? 


* What character flaw did I display and what do I need to work on to be a better person?


We also use this same analysis when we have any failure or disappointment. For they shouldn't break us but make us better, stronger and wiser. Selah


So many of us like David, will rush off to pass judgment, without considering if we are actually the one being portrayed or more still if we are worse than the person being portrayed.


Listen child of God, the Heavenly Father expects us to get better day after day, the same way we see our children grow in wisdom and grace day after day.


Don't hold on to those terrible habits you have been with, don't entangle yourself with evil. Stop looking for who to blame. Come closer to God and leave your heart pure. 


Spend those times you use to speak about others, their good, bad or errors. Spend that time in developing yourself. Read, pray, worship, connect with Godly matured people that can direct you properly.


We love packaged things, we love to contract out everything, even prayers, what a generation of lazy believers. Instead of spending time with God through Christ Jesus, we are looking for another mediator. Goodness, what is wrong with us!!?


I love the way Christ puts it:


1Corinthians 11:31(kjv) 

For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.


1 Corinthians 11:31

But if we would examine ourselves, we would not be judged by God in this way.


Grow up, become better, stop hiding in those lies and self deceit stop blaming others and pointing fingers, work on yourself, get off that disillusion!


O help us Good Lord.


PRAYER

Loving Father I cease to look for faults in others, I spend the time in becoming a better person, by staying in Your presence letting Your word wash me, teach me and prune me. Keep me in Your care O Lord, may I always do what pleases You. Glory to Your name Lord forevermore.


He calls us blessed.


Love

@the watcher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES