TESTIFY TO CONQUER

1 Samuel 17:32-37

“Don’t worry about this Philistine,” David told Saul. “I’ll go fight him!”

“Don’t be ridiculous!” Saul replied. “There’s no way you can fight this Philistine and possibly win! You’re only a boy, and he’s been a man of war since his youth.”

But David persisted. “I have been taking care of my father’s sheep and goats,” he said. “When a lion or a bear comes to steal a lamb from the flock,

I go after it with a club and rescue the lamb from its mouth. If the animal turns on me, I catch it by the jaw and club it to death.

I have done this to both lions and bears, and I’ll do it to this pagan Philistine, too, for he has defied the armies of the living God!

The Lord who rescued me from the claws of the lion and the bear will rescue me from this Philistine!”Saul finally consented. “All right, go ahead,” he said. “And may the Lord be with you!”


I used to wonder what was the problem with people of Israel. Why was it that they had such a great privilege to be called God's own people yet they were being oppressed by another nation?


The major reason was that they didn't know how to be faithful, they just weren't obedient, thus they lusted after other gods.


So having such a great privilege, they yet lived under oppression. In our scriptures of study today we see the Philistines further humiliate them by bringing their over 9 feet giant to taunt them, this continued for up to 40 days and fear filled the hearts of Saul the king and his army.


1 Samuel 17:4,10-11,16

Then Goliath, a Philistine champion from Gath, came out of the Philistine ranks to face the forces of Israel. He was over nine feet tall!

I defy the armies of Israel today! Send me a man who will fight me!”

When Saul and the Israelites heard this, they were terrified and deeply shaken.

For forty days, every morning and evening, the Philistine champion strutted in front of the Israelite army.


Imagine the insult!


When the king and the army lived in fear, what was the hope of the people.


It took a young boy, David, who loved the Lord (for his heart was with the Lord even before he was anointed)


1 Samuel 13:14

But now your kingdom must end, for the Lord has sought out a man after his own heart. The lord has already appointed him to be the leader of his people, because you have not kept the Lord’s command.”


With the anointing He did exploits in his little domain, against the bears and the lions.


Now here is the part the children of Israel were missing and what many believers are missing today.


The testimonies!


1 Samuel 17:33-37

“Don’t be ridiculous!” Saul replied. “There’s no way you can fight this Philistine and possibly win! You’re only a boy, and he’s been a man of war since his youth.”

But David persisted. “I have been taking care of my father’s sheep and goats,” he said. “When a lion or a bear comes to steal a lamb from the flock,

I go after it with a club and rescue the lamb from its mouth. If the animal turns on me, I catch it by the jaw and club it to death.

I have done this to both lions and bears, and I’ll do it to this pagan Philistine, too, for he has defied the armies of the living God!

The Lord who rescued me from the claws of the lion and the bear will rescue me from this Philistine!”Saul finally consented. “All right, go ahead,” he said. “And may the Lord be with you!”


We must learn to testify. I am not talking of the one gatherings do, when someone comes up to give a testimony about this or that, glorifying the supposed man of God, No. I am talking of the testimonies that are because of your direct relationship with God. How the Lord has shown Himself strong in your life.


The greatest testimony of the believer is their salvation, which is a product of Christ's sacrifice. Every other testimony emanates from this testimony.


Christ is our Testimony!


Revelation 12:11

And they have defeated him by the blood of the Lamb and by their testimony. 

And they did not love their lives so much that they were afraid to die.


If you have given your life to Christ, He makes you part of God's kingdom, not as servants but as sons. Then He makes you like Himself phase by phase as you continue to walk with Him.


This is our great testimony.


David came with His testimony and he walked to face the giant with that faith and the name of the Lord, thus all Goliath's physical might and armours of war were brought down just by the whirling of a stone.


This is how the Lord gives His victory.


Are you a testifier. Do you continually remember all the goodness of God to you. In contrast are you like most of the people of Israel who love to complain and betray their benefactor?


What kind of person are you? Are you a betrayal, a liar, selfish, do you go after idols?


Do you know your testimony?


Do you have a personal relationship with your creator, or are you merely pursuing religion?


The victory is sure for those who walk with God and hold on to His testimonies.


Where do you stand?


Begin to "Testify" to conquer.


Oh help us Good Lord.


PRAYER

Dear Father, help me to stay faithful to You. I hold on to the testimony of my salvation and recount all the great testimonies I have and will have as I keep walking faithfully with You. Glory to Your name Lord forevermore.


He calls us blessed.


Love

@the watcher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES