DO YOUR PART

1 Samuel 12:3-4,23-24

Now testify against me in the presence of the Lord and before his anointed one. Whose ox or donkey have I stolen? Have I ever cheated any of you? Have I ever oppressed you? Have I ever taken a bribe and perverted justice? Tell me and I will make right whatever I have done wrong.”

“No,” they replied, “you have never cheated or oppressed us, and you have never taken even a single bribe.”

“As for me, I will certainly not sin against the Lord by ending my prayers for you. And I will continue to teach you what is good and right.

But be sure to fear the Lord and faithfully serve him. Think of all the wonderful things he has done for you.


We are called to follow the Lord, to walk in His way as we live our lives on earth. 


Will everyone do so? No, some will resist, others will begin and drop by the way, however some will remain faithful to the end.


Jesus explained this with the parable of the sower:


Matthew 13:20-23

The seed on the rocky soil represents those who hear the message and immediately receive it with joy.

But since they don’t have deep roots, they don’t last long. They fall away as soon as they have problems or are persecuted for believing God’s word.

The seed that fell among the thorns represents those who hear God’s word, but all too quickly the message is crowded out by the worries of this life and the lure of wealth, so no fruit is produced.

The seed that fell on good soil represents those who truly hear and understand God’s word and produce a harvest of thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times as much as had been planted!”


We must be in the group that remain faithful to the end. We must be in that group that fell on good soil.


Noah lived in a world that was full of evil and rejected God, yet he stayed faithful he did his part, he didn't allow anything or anyone derail him, not even his family.


Abraham lived in a time when he was surrounded by idol worshippers and evil doers, yet he stayed faithful even when he was instructed to relocate.


Lot found himself in the midst of a nation that had wholly embraced evil so much that they were marked for destruction by the heavens. In all he remembered his roots and stayed with the Lord.


The list goes on till we come to Joshua who told the people of Israel:


Joshua 24:15

But if you refuse to serve the Lord, then choose today whom you will serve. Would you prefer the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates? Or will it be the gods of the Amorites in whose land you now live? But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.”


He did his part, he told them the right option, he could only show them the way, he couldn't force them, they had to make the choice.


In today's reading we see Samuel's stand:


1 Samuel 12:14-15,23-25

“Now if you fear and worship the lord and listen to his voice, and if you do not rebel against the Lord’s commands, then both you and your king will show that you recognize the Lord as your God.

But if you rebel against the Lord’s commands and refuse to listen to him, then his hand will be as heavy upon you as it was upon your ancestors.

“As for me, I will certainly not sin against the Lord by ending my prayers for you. And I will continue to teach you what is good and right.

But be sure to fear the Lord and faithfully serve him. Think of all the wonderful things he has done for you.

But if you continue to sin, you and your king will be swept away.”


Samuel had done his part. He cautioned the people of Israel to do the right thing, to walk in the path of obedience to God, else destruction was on the way.


Have you, and are you doing your part?


As a parent, teacher, minister, leader, we are all God's ambassadors, letting the world know God who revealed Himself in Christ Jesus. We set good examples and live the life of righteousness calling on others to do the same.


So many challenges will arise to derail us, but we must remain focused and understand that they are mirages, the real thing is with the Lord God, who has control over all things.


We can only pray for others as we continue to show them the right path, they must decide to walk in that path. God doesn't force people it is the enemy that deceives.


We do our part and pray that others do the same.


Do your part.


PRAYER

Loving Father keep me in Your righteous path and help me stay faithful to the end. May I be the influence that bring those who are astray to Your righteous path. I will do my part, help me Good Lord. Glory to Your name Lord forevermore.


He calls us blessed.


Love

@the watcher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES