DISOBEDIENCE = REJECTION

1 Samuel 15:10-11,22-23

Then the Lord said to Samuel,

“I am sorry that I ever made Saul king, for he has not been loyal to me and has refused to obey my command.” Samuel was so deeply moved when he heard this that he cried out to the Lord all night.

But Samuel replied, 

“What is more pleasing to the Lord: your burnt offerings and sacrifices or your obedience to his voice? 

Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice, and submission is better than offering the fat of rams.

Rebellion is as sinful as witchcraft, and stubbornness as bad as worshiping idols. 

So because you have rejected the command of the Lord, he has rejected you as king.”


As I always say, what is the essence of listening so hard for instructions if you are not going to obey them?


The keyword in our walk with God is OBEDIENCE, for what faith do you have if it is not a decision to obey.


Recall, that the reason man fell at the beginning was "DISOBEDIENCE", the requirement hasn't changed, if you are to walk with God, you must be ready to obey.


Some of us who long to hear God expressly have not yet received that grace for our own good. Listen, God is good, loving, merciful and kind. Yes, He is the Loving Father, but that does not give any being the right to disrespect Him.


Isaiah 42:8

“I am the Lord; that is my name! 

I will not give my glory to anyone else, nor share my praise with carved idols.


It is simple, if you trust in God, if you have given yourself to Him, then you must obey.


Enough of all the ceremonies, activities, gesticulations, without obedience. Listen He is God not man. He is the highest Royalty. 


Isaiah 26:8

Lord, we show our trust in you by obeying your laws; our heart’s desire is to glorify your name.


Let us look at the summary of the commandments, Jesus said it thus:


Matthew 22:37-38

Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’

This is the first and greatest commandment.


How do you show your love?


Jesus also said it again:


John 14:15

“If you love me, obey my commandments.


So you see, obedience is the key word.


The repercussion of disobedience is rejection.


Let us listen to Christ again:


Matthew 7:21-23

“Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter.

On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’

But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’


When I read this verse I wonder at supposed believers whose only interest is to follow after so called prophets, miracle workers, demon casters etc., and have no relationship with Christ personally.


They run from one programme to the other, from one supposed man of God to the other, what exactly are they looking for?


Instead of getting to know the Heavenly Father through Christ Jesus day after day so that they can walk in obedience.


How will these ones ever work in obedience?


We cannot afford to be among the rejected, we must turn back to obedience today.


You say: "but God hasn't given me any instructions"


I do not agree, study the word!


O help us Good Lord.


PRAYER

Lord I give myself back to You today, no iota of me is anywhere else, take over Loving Father that I may not make a mess of this blessed life You have given me. Lead me Lord to always walk in obedience to You. Glory to Your name Lord forevermore.


He calls us blessed.


Love

@the watcher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES