HEED THE WARNING

1 Samuel 2:27,35

One day a man of God came to Eli and gave him this message from the Lord: “I revealed myself to your ancestors when they were Pharaoh’s slaves in Egypt.

“Then I will raise up a faithful priest who will serve me and do what I desire. I will establish his family, and they will be priests to my anointed kings forever.


Never get to a point when you feel too comfortable, proud, indifferent or naive that you do not heed to warnings.


As children of God we are expected to be able to recognize red flags. Eli did not just hear about it from the people, a messenger from God was sent to him.


Yet Eli was still relaxed.


Further more the Lord revealed it to Samuel, the young boy serving in the temple:


1 Samuel 3:11-13

Then the Lord said to Samuel, “I am about to do a shocking thing in Israel.

I am going to carry out all my threats against Eli and his family, from beginning to end.

I have warned him that judgment is coming upon his family forever, because his sons are blaspheming God and he hasn’t disciplined them.


What was Eli's reasoning, why did he not take stern actions against his sons to put an end to their excesses? Listen to his reply:


1 Samuel 3:17-18

“What did the Lord say to you? Tell me everything. And may God strike you and even kill you if you hide anything from me!”

So Samuel told Eli everything; he didn’t hold anything back. “It is the Lord’s will,” Eli replied. “Let him do what he thinks best.”


What a selfish response!


He wasn't bothered, God had said it earlier:


1 Samuel 2:29b

... Why do you give your sons more honor than you give me . . .


Before we castigate Eli, can we ask ourselves, "who has more honour in our lives than the Heavenly Father?"


If there is anyone or anything that has found honour more than God in our lives, then we are equally as guilty as Eli.


Scriptures says:


2 Corinthians 10:5

We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ.


Remember that the fall of man was all about trying to replace full obedience and faithfulness to God with a mirage ambition to seek something greater than God.


Genesis 3:4-6

“You won’t die!” the serpent replied to the woman.

“God knows that your eyes will be opened as soon as you eat it, and you will be like God, knowing both good and evil.”

The woman was convinced. She saw that the tree was beautiful and its fruit looked delicious, and she wanted the wisdom it would give her. So she took some of the fruit and ate it. Then she gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it, too.


The same absurd temptation was what the enemy tried Christ with!


What is it that will make you fall out with God?


Is it your children, your family, your wealth, people, what exactly can you trade your love for God for?


Jesus said:


Luke 14:25-26

A large crowd was following Jesus. He turned around and said to them,

“If you want to be my disciple, you must hate everyone else by comparison—your father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even your own life. Otherwise, you cannot be my disciple.


Are you heeding the warnings or are you running into the danger headlong?


Let us look into our lives, our living and our decisions, have we ignored the warnings, have we resolved like Eli, that whatever will be should be, I do not want to do anything about it?


No, let us heed the warning, make the change and take the right actions, not looking at the sentiment, but honouring God.


No one should be above the Heavenly Father in our lives.


O help us Loving Father.


PRAYER

Lord please help me to make any amends and resolve whatever is not right with me and mine, that I will never fall out of place with You. Let me and all of mine please You Dear Father. Glory to Your name Lord forevermore.


He calls us blessed.


Love

@the watcher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES