THE BARGAIN

Joshua 2:12-13,21

“Now swear to me by the Lord that you will be kind to me and my family since I have helped you. Give me some guarantee that
when Jericho is conquered, you will let me live, along with my father and mother, my brothers and sisters, and all their families.”
“I accept your terms,” she replied. And she sent them on their way, leaving the scarlet rope hanging from the window.


Do we know how to take opportunity?


Rahab was able to negotiate a deal for herself and her family because she was able to identify the opportunity.


I used to think back at years ago, and feel unhappy at opportunities I was not able to take advantage of, the things I ought to have learnt, the decisions I ought to have made, but you cannot go back into the past.


So what do you do?


Make use of the present.


There is an advantage of having the Spirit of God lead you, you have an edge over your peers and even those above you, Joseph and Daniel can testify to this.


Are we taking the advantage?


Jesus said:

Luke 16:8b
And it is true that the children of this world are more shrewd in dealing with the world around them than are the children of the light.


Rahab was of the world but she was able to take advantage of the good opportunity she had with God's people.


In contrast God's people do not know how to take advantage of the treasures they have with God. They even make the mistake of selling off their birthright by trying to conform to the world.


We see discipline from people in the secular world to achieve their goals. Do believers make due diligence to be disciplined in their walk with God?


We need to make the right bargain even in spiritual matters. The first one was giving our life back to God in Christ Jesus. Every other thing should follow likewise.


Matthew 11:28-30
Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”


What a bargain!


PRAYER
Loving Father thank You for Your offer which I accept, for salvation, blessings and eternal life. Keep me in Your wisdom that I will continually remain in Your presence where all the great blessings are. Glory to Your name Lord forevermore.


He calls us blessed.


Love
@the watcher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES