WHEN YOU INSIST

Numbers 22:21-22,32-33

So the next morning Balaam got up, saddled his donkey, and started off with the Moabite officials.

But God was angry that Balaam was going, so he sent the angel of the Lord to stand in the road to block his way. As Balaam and two servants were riding along,

“Why did you beat your donkey those three times?” the angel of the lord demanded. “Look, I have come to block your way because you are stubbornly resisting me.

Three times the donkey saw me and shied away; otherwise, I would certainly have killed you by now and spared the donkey.”


Balak had sent men with money to get Balaam to curse the people of Israel. Balaam who was a prophet at that time had asked God if he should go and God said he should not.


Numbers 22:16-19

They went to Balaam and delivered this message to him:“This is what Balak son of Zippor says: Please don’t let anything stop you from coming to help me.

I will pay you very well and do whatever you tell me. Just come and curse these people for me!”

But Balaam responded to Balak’s messengers, “Even if Balak were to give me his palace filled with silver and gold, I would be powerless to do anything against the will of the lord my God.

But stay here one more night, and I will see if the lord has anything else to say to me.”


God had already told him not to go, but Balak insisted and brought more gifts and promises, Balaam went ahead to confirm again, if he should go with them.


We hear of "God's permissive will", this always arises when God has given His word yet we want to have our way. It is a dangerous path to follow, moreso for those who have been called to special assignments by the Lord.


Balaam almost entered to his death for this insistence on going with Balak's lords:


Numbers 22:31,33

Then the Lord opened Balaam’s eyes, and he saw the angel of the lord standing in the roadway with a drawn sword in his hand. Balaam bowed his head and fell face down on the ground before him.

Three times the donkey saw me and shied away; otherwise, I would certainly have killed you by now and spared the donkey.”


When we are unsteady in our ways we put ourselves in danger. We cannot afford to move by emotions or sentiments when dealing with spiritual matters, it is a battle not a game or pleasure.


Do not insist to have your way, do not play the smart one so as to have your way, that permissive will could cause you harm!


Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.

Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.


One of the great prayers of Jesus while He was on earth that we must keep saying is:


Luke 22:42b

Yet I want your will to be done, not mine.”


We could resist due to the pain and challenges arising from the situation, however let His will be done.


We could refuse to move at His direction because we are comfortable where we are, or are unsure of where He is leading us to, however let His will be done.


We could want to act but He has said we should let it go, yet our heart boils to take action, however, let His will be done


Revelation 2:29“

Anyone with ears to hear must listen to the Spirit and understand what he is saying to the churches.


Don't act too smart for the Lord. Don't make it impossible for Him to speak to you by always wanting to have your way, to satisfy your lusts. 


If you keep resisting, His Spirit will let you be. 


Don't insist, instead submit.


O help us Good Lord.


PRAYER

Lord You know the end from the beginning, help me to trust what You have said. Don't let me be carried away by my lust and human wisdom but trusting in Your divine wisdom may I follow Your Spirit's leading and thus prosper and increase in all good things as I continue to please You. Glory to Your name Lord.


He calls us blessed.


Love

@the watcher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES