THE LORD OUR SHEPHERD

John 10:14

I am the good shepherd, and know my [sheep], and am known of mine.


Psalm 23:1

The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want.


The book of Psalms contains so much prophesy of Christ and His church. David was not just anointed King but he also received the office of a Prophet. His ministry of music was so powerful that immediately David began to play/minister the spirit that troubled Saul left him.


Psalm 23 describes the Father revealed in His Son, the Messiah, as the good Shepherd just as the Messiah Himself declared.


John 10:11,14

“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd sacrifices his life for the sheep.

“I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me,


He says "I shall not want" meaning that all my needs are met. That is the good Shepherd, he always makes sure we are catered for. Halleluyah


Matthew 6:8

Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.


Going on to verse 2:


Psalm 23:2

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.


Matthew 11:28

 Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.


Yes that is what the Lord does, no matter what is happening in the world, He keeps us in perfect peace. Leading us by His Spirit.


Psalm 23:3

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.


Not only does He give us salvation (born again) that is the restoration of our soul, He further goes ahead to keep us in His righteousness.


1 Peter 1:9-10

Receiving the end of your faith, [even] the salvation of [your] souls.

Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace [that should come] unto you:


Psalm 23:4

 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.


Not that we will not face difficulties, we will, but victory is ours already. For when we come to Christ, when we receive salvation, we are not taken out of the world with all its shadows and darkness. No, however we do not have to fear, He is with us, that is the meaning of His name.


Romans 8:15

 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.


Matthew 1:23

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.


His rod correcting, His staff guiding. What love, what care!


Hebrews 12:8

But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.


John 16:13

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.


Psalm 23:5

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.


That is what He does for the believer, the Lord gives victory, helping us triumph over all our foes, they look and wonder. They can do nothing about our blessings.


The anointing we receive is that of royalty, the enemy can do nothing about it.


1 Peter 2:9

But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:


Romans 8:37

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.


"our cup overflows", yes the Lord does not just give us for our satisfaction, He makes us channels to others. Halleluyah. We overflow that we can go further to reach out to many. Glory to God.


John 7:38

He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.


Psalm 23:6

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.


That is true, we enjoy God's goodness and His mercy.


Hebrews 4:16

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.


Yes we know we are with Him now, for His Spirit is with us. Moreso we will be with the Heavenly Father even after here.


John 14:3

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, [there] ye may be also.


What a prophetic word? The power of the Psalms. The revelation of Jesus the Christ. Glory to God.


We receive the promises therein, knowing that it is fulfilled in Christ Jesus. Halleluyah. We win.


We have a good Shepherd, we are His sheep not as weaklings but as children of the Living God.


PRAYERS

Heavenly Father we give you glory for so much love and care for us. You sacrificed Your most precious gift for us. All Glory, Honour and Praise be to your Holy name. Halleluyah.


He calls us blessed.


Love

@the watcher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES