LIVING VESSELS

Leviticus 22:9

“The priests must follow my instructions carefully. Otherwise they will be punished for their sin and will die for violating my instructions. I am the Lord who makes them holy.


The dispensation of the law and it's legalism has been fulfilled, what we have now is grace and truth.


This does not mean we disobey the law but that we live in a higher law, the one that operated even before the law itself was given. 


Jesus told His disciples and of course this applies to us:


Matthew 5:20

“But I warn you—unless your righteousness is better than the righteousness of the teachers of religious law and the Pharisees, you will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven!


When Christ came, He didn't come to build a physical temple like Moses did in building the tabernacle. No. Christ came to build the type of temple God would live in, Man!


Acts 7:48

However, the Most High doesn’t live in temples made by human hands. As the prophet says,


We became the temple of God, remember what Christ told the Samaritan woman:


John 4:21,23-24

Jesus replied, “Believe me, dear woman, the time is coming when it will no longer matter whether you worship the Father on this mountain or in Jerusalem.

But the time is coming—indeed it’s here now—when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship him that way.

For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.”


This discussion shows us that worshipping God was no longer about a physical location but about the spirit of man. God deals with us as individual vessels and He deals with us as a whole body which is the church.


Thus, God dwells in You if You are His, by the power of His Spirit.


Remember what Christ said in His revelation to John:


Revelation 3:20

“Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.


You see that it is no longer about a building but a personal relationship of God with man (one on one), note that this letter was written to the church in Laodicea.


Thus when we read about the temple today we should be looking at us as vessels. The dedication is that of our body, soul and spirit to the Lord. 


Romans 12:1

And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.


No wonder God spoke through His prophets about the declaration of the new covenant:


Jeremiah 31:33-34

“But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel after those days,” says the Lord. “I will put my instructions deep within them, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

And they will not need to teach their neighbors, nor will they need to teach their relatives, saying, ‘You should know the lord.’ For everyone, from the least to the greatest, will know me already,” says the lord. “And I will forgive their wickedness, and I will never again remember their sins.”


So you could build gigantic edifice but it remains a physical structure and God is not there but in the spirit filled people who worship there.


Let us therefore live our lives knowing that we are God's temple and the care and holiness God requested for His temple is also required for us today as living vessels.


Let no one deceive you no matter the title they bear, your relationship is with the Heavenly Father through Christ Jesus. All humans and there authority will come and go, however, we remain in the Lord whether in this earth or in the life to come. Selah


PRAYER

Lord make my heart Your home according to Your word. May I always be pure and holy for You. Truly You prosper and increase me daily as I continue in this walk. All things work for my good. Thank You Dear Father.


We are His temple, we must live like worthy vessels, so help us Good Lord.


He calls us blessed.


Love

@the watcher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES