HOW DO YOU REMEMBER?

Leviticus 23:42-44

For seven days you must live outside in little shelters. All native-born Israelites must live in shelters.

This will remind each new generation of Israelites that I made their ancestors live in shelters when I rescued them from the land of Egypt. I am the Lord your God.”

So Moses gave the Israelites these instructions regarding the annual festivals of the Lord.


One major reason for all the festivals and celebrations the Lord told Moses to give as instructions to the children of Israel was to make them remember Him and what He has done for them.


Truly the people were always prone to forget the victories of the past and to focus on the present challenges or bliss, thus getting carried away with sin or idols.


Leviticus 23:43

This will remind each new generation of Israelites that I made their ancestors live in shelters when I rescued them from the land of Egypt. I am the Lord your God.”


Deuteronomy 8:12-14

For when you have become full and prosperous and have built fine homes to live in,

and when your flocks and herds have become very large and your silver and gold have multiplied along with everything else, be careful!

Do not become proud at that time and forget the Lord your God, who rescued you from slavery in the land of Egypt.


Are we prone to the same error as believers?


I can not say NO!


How do we keep the Lord in remembrance day after day whether we are in enjoyment or facing challenged?


How do we keep ourselves reminded of all the Lord has done for us that we do not become ungrateful, lose faith or play the harlot?


We must keep a record and form godly habits, we must learn to testify to ourselves and have festivals of testimony. The word of God, prayer and worship are key practices that should be a daily norm in our families, as individual and as a fellowship.


Look at David:


1 Samuel 17:32-36

“Don’t worry about this Philistine,” David told Saul. “I’ll go fight him!”

“Don’t be ridiculous!” Saul replied. “There’s no way you can fight this Philistine and possibly win! You’re only a boy, and he’s been a man of war since his youth.”

But David persisted. “I have been taking care of my father’s sheep and goats,” he said. “When a lion or a bear comes to steal a lamb from the flock,

I go after it with a club and rescue the lamb from its mouth. If the animal turns on me, I catch it by the jaw and club it to death.

I have done this to both lions and bears, and I’ll do it to this pagan Philistine, too, for he has defied the armies of the living God!


When he was to face the giant Goliath, king Saul doubted him, all David had to do was to testify of God's deliverance and put the current challenge in the same position as the one God had helped him to overcome.


How do you remember?


Psalms 103:1-2

Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.

Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me.


Count your blessings, name them one by one, just as the song says, it will surprise you what the Lord has done.


Then hold on to those testimonies as you face challenges, having faith that the Lord who saw you through the former will very well give you victory in the present and the later.


Oh what a great God we serve.


1 Corinthians 1:9

God will do this, for he is faithful to do what he says, and he has invited you into partnership with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.


PRAYER

Dear Heavenly Father help me to always remember your goodness and victories in my life. Empower me Lord to hold on to Your testimony that I will continue to have victory in all things. Glory to Your name Lord.


He calls us blessed.


Love

@the watcher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES