ACCEPTABLE OFFERINGS

Leviticus 22:29,32

When you bring a thanksgiving offering to the Lord, sacrifice it properly so you will be accepted.

Do not bring shame on my holy name, for I will display my holiness among the people of Israel. I am the Lord who makes you holy.


We have established that when we talk of the Lord's temple today we are talking of us as living vessels and that all believers as a whole is the body of Christ. Thus, we preserve our body in holiness that we will be acceptable to the Lord.


The other part of Leviticus chapter 22 talks about bringing an offering to the Lord. 


Firstly, let us understand that God is King and by default we cannot offer a defective offering to royalty. We must give honour to the Lord. 


Listen, it is better not to bring any gift at all than to bring a defective offering. For God is the greatest, whatever we offer to Him must also be without blemish.


Malachi 1:6-10

The Lord of Heaven’s Armies says to the priests: “A son honors his father, and a servant respects his master. If I am your father and master, where are the honor and respect I deserve? You have shown contempt for my name!“But you ask, ‘How have we ever shown contempt for your name?’

“You have shown contempt by offering defiled sacrifices on my altar.“Then you ask, ‘How have we defiled the sacrifices?’“You defile them by saying the altar of the lord deserves no respect.

When you give blind animals as sacrifices, isn’t that wrong? And isn’t it wrong to offer animals that are crippled and diseased? Try giving gifts like that to your governor, and see how pleased he is!” says the lord of Heaven’s Armies.

“Go ahead, beg God to be merciful to you! But when you bring that kind of offering, why should he show you any favor at all?” asks the Lord of Heaven’s Armies.

“How I wish one of you would shut the Temple doors so that these worthless sacrifices could not be offered! I am not pleased with you,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “and I will not accept your offerings.


The first thing we offer to the Lord is ourselves. Your heart must be with the Lord, it is the criteria to bring a worthy offering. You canNot come into the Lord's presence filled with malice, hatred, bitterness, immorality, jealousy etc and expect that you or your gift will be a worthy sacrifice. No!


You cannot defraud your brother or bring any form of proceeds from wickedness to the Lord as an offering. He will not accept it.


Remember what God told Cain:


Genesis 4:3-7

When it was time for the harvest, Cain presented some of his crops as a gift to the Lord.

Abel also brought a gift—the best portions of the firstborn lambs from his flock. The Lord accepted Abel and his gift,

but he did not accept Cain and his gift. This made Cain very angry, and he looked dejected.

“Why are you so angry?” the Lord asked Cain. “Why do you look so dejected?

You will be accepted if you do what is right. But if you refuse to do what is right, then watch out! Sin is crouching at the door, eager to control you. But you must subdue it and be its master.”


The heart of the giver is the first point of call before we talk of the gift the giver is presenting.


Remember that whatever the gift is, it is from what the Lord has blessed you with. That gift must be given willingly not with a grudge. You are not to be compelled to give but by your own will.


Listen, it is those who give that are qualified to be blessed, for why should the Lord invest in you if you cannot be a channel for Him to bless others. Selah


Have you given the Lord your heart, then Glory to God. If not, what are you waiting for?


The beautiful thing about giving God your heart is that He will not break it or hurt it as humans will but...


Psalms 91:1-2,4,14-16

Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

This I declare about the Lord: 

He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him.

He will cover you with his feathers. 

He will shelter you with his wings. 

His faithful promises are your armor and protection.

The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me. 

I will protect those who trust in my name.

When they call on me, I will answer; 

I will be with them in trouble. 

I will rescue and honor them.

I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation.”


Oh Glory to God.


Have you been bringing acceptable offerings? 


Have you been giving the three "T"s: your time, treasures and talent.


Give to the Lord.


PRAYER

Dear Father make me a profitable part of Your body, that I will continually bring an acceptable offering. I love You Lord, cause me to prosper and increase as a channel of Your blessings to others.


He calls us blessed.


Love

@the watcher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES