GOD WILL WORK IT OUT

Genesis 40:2-4

Pharaoh became angry with these two officials,
and he put them in the prison where Joseph was, in the palace
of the captain of the guard.
They remained in prison for quite some time, and the captain of the guard assigned them to Joseph, who looked after them.


Yesterday we looked at the persecution of the wicked, that the Lord makes it work for good. How does the Lord do it? We cannot fully tell for the Lord works in divers ways. He said:


Isaiah 55:8-9
“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the lord.
“And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.


God is not limited in ways to do His work, He is God.


Jeremiah 32:27
“I am the Lord, the God of all the peoples of the world. Is anything too hard for me?


While Joseph was in the prison, two stewards of the king were brought in. Their welfare was handed over to Joseph who was already in charge of running the prison.


Genesis 39:22-23
Before long, the warden put Joseph in charge of all the other prisoners and over everything that happened in the prison.
The warden had no more worries, because Joseph took care of everything. The Lord was with him and caused everything he did to succeed.


Genesis 40:2-4
Pharaoh became angry with these two officials,
and he put them in the prison where Joseph was, in the palace of the captain of the guard.
They remained in prison for quite some time, and the captain of the guard assigned them to Joseph, who looked after them.


Listen, be deligent in your work whether as employee or employer. Be known for good products and services. I always say that God does not deal with people with mediocre nature neither those who are lazy.


Always be ready for good report.


Proverbs 22:29
Do you see any truly competent workers?
They will serve kings rather than working for ordinary people.


Many have been blessed by the Lord with gifts and talents, but they have allowed vices like pride, lust, selfishness etc, to truncate their reign. Let us learn from Joseph.


Something else for us to learn. Know where your help comes from. Don't put your trust in man.


Psalms 121:1-2
I look up to the mountains— does my help come from there?
My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth!


Jeremiah 17:5
This is what the Lord says:
“Cursed are those who put their trust in mere humans, who rely on human strength and turn their hearts away from the Lord.


Know that it is the Lord that actually does it. He is the one that enables and prompts man to take action for the good of another.


So we need others to go ahead, but understand that it is the Lord that will work through them to bring your exploits to pass.


Listen:

Genesis 40:14-15,23
And please remember me and do me a favor when things go well for you. Mention me to Pharaoh, so he might let me out of this place.
For I was kidnapped from my homeland, the land of the Hebrews, and now I’m here in prison, but I did nothing to deserve it.”
Pharaoh’s chief cup-bearer, however, forgot all about Joseph, never giving him another thought.


Yes it was evident to Joseph that the cup-bearer could be of great help to him, but he was just human, God had to prompt him.


Disappointment by a fellow human is not new. It has been there from the beginning. I am one who has know disappointment from people even close relatives again and again (I remember when I just started my compulsory service year, I was  left stranding on a road in a different city by a close relative, who we had offered help to, waiting from day into the night, only to receive an incredible reply of rejection - I was re-instructed never to trust or hope on any human!), I am sure you reading this have experienced disappointment one way or the other. Hold no grudge, you may also have disappointed another consciously or unconsciously. That is why we are humans.


Our hope should be in the Lord, He will always work it out for us.


I love this song from the Kurt Carr  singers titled "Jesus can work it out". An extract from the lyrics reads thus:

"That problem that I had
I just couldn't seem to solve
I tried and I tried
But I kept gettin' deeper involved

So I turned it over to Jesus
And I stopped worryin' about it
Turned it over to the Lord
(He worked it out)

Jesus
(Jesus can work it out)
If you let Him
(Jesus can work it out)"


Don't be trapped in expecting God to work it out that way you expect. God is not restricted in ideas or methods, He will always amaze you.


That is why I worry for those who are so addicted to prayer contractors, prophets or display ministers, they always want to mimick one thing or the other that happened in scriptures. Listen, I say again, God cannot be restricted, His ways and thoughts are higher than ours.


He will work it out!


Dear Heavenly Father we trust You to help us with that which we have waited on You for so long. Work it out for us. Thank You Heavenly Father.


He calls us blessed.


Love
@the watcher 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES