WHEN THE LORD BLESSES

Genesis 18:14

Is anything too hard for the Lord? I will return about this time next year, and Sarah will have a son.”


Listen, when the Lord remembers you, what he does baffles you and others.


People talk of Sarah laughing when God said she will have a son:


Genesis 18:11-13

Abraham and Sarah were both very old by this time, and Sarah was long past the age of having children.

So she laughed silently to herself and said, “How could a worn-out woman like me enjoy such pleasure, especially when my master—my husband—is also so old?”

Then the Lord said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh? Why did she say, ‘Can an old woman like me have a baby?’


Wait, Sarah was not the first to laugh, yesterday we saw that Abraham also laughed when God promised them a son:


Genesis 17:17

Then Abraham bowed down to the ground, but he laughed to himself in disbelief. “How could I become a father at the age of 100?” he thought. “And how can Sarah have a baby when she is ninety years old?”


Listen, again I say, when the Lord remembers you, you and others will be baffled.


Psalms 118:23

This is the Lord’s doing, and it is wonderful to see.


Now let us look at the type of people the Lord blesses this way.


Genesis 18:2-4

He looked up and noticed three men standing nearby. When he saw them, he ran to meet them and welcomed them, bowing low to the ground.

“My Lord,” he said, “if it pleases you, stop here for a while.

Rest in the shade of this tree while water is brought to wash your feet.


A heart of gold, as rich and powerful as he was, he was too humble a man. He took care of people and thought of others first.


Not the greedy self conscious people we see as believers today, who feel that the reason for blessing is for self gratification and to oppress others.


Look at Solomon, God gave him an open check what was he interested in:


1 Kings 3:5,9-10

That night the Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream, and God said, “What do you want? Ask, and I will give it to you!”

Give me an understanding heart so that I can govern your people well and know the difference between right and wrong. For who by himself is able to govern this great people of yours?”

The Lord was pleased that Solomon had asked for wisdom.


Let me ask you and myself, if the Lord gives you an open cheque like this, what will you ask for?


See, they are those who ought to have the blessings, for they know how to use it.


From the beginning of the writings of these devotionals, I have always asked:


Why should the Lord bless you??? Why?


Is it for your selfish purposes, or to bless others, to make an impact and share His love to the world?


When the Lord blesses, He looks at the heart.


Lord do remember me for good today.


Help us Good Lord.


He calls us blessed.


Love

@the watcher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES