THE PROOF OF FAITH

Genesis 22:12,16-18

“Don’t lay a hand on the boy!” the angel said. “Do not hurt him in any way, for now I know that you truly fear God. You have not withheld from me even your son, your only son.”

“This is what the Lord says: Because you have obeyed me and have not withheld even your son, your only son, I swear by my own name that

I will certainly bless you. I will multiply your descendants beyond number, like the stars in the sky and the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will conquer the cities of their enemies.

And through your descendants all the nations of the earth will be blessed—all because you have obeyed me.”


The proof of your faith is "obedience"!


I remember a bible study session as a little boy when a matter arose concerning events like this, when it seemed the Lord allowed his own to go through a temptation. I arose as a little boy then and made a correction. "There is a difference between tempting and testing".


Listen, the enemy is the one that tempts, the Heavenly Father tests!


Listen:


James 1:13

And remember, when you are being tempted, do not say, “God is tempting me.” God is never tempted to do wrong, and he never tempts anyone else.


For temptation comes from the enemy and our own sinful thoughts


James 1:14-16

Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away.

These desires give birth to sinful actions. And when sin is allowed to grow, it gives birth to death.

So don’t be misled, my dear brothers and sisters.


Mark 1:13

where he was tempted by Satan for forty days. He was out among the wild animals, and angels took care of him.


The business of temptation is the devil. The Lord proves us.


The examinations you write after undergoing a training is not to fail you but to prove your knowledge of what you have learnt. The same with qualifying or professional examinations, they proof the knowledge or skill you claim to have. (As an experienced education assessment officer I should know this. "smiles")


Thus, even when temptation arises the Lord turns it to tests for us, and by His power He helps us overcome. Scriptures says that He will not let us have temptation that we cannot withstand, He will give us a way out of it.


1 Corinthians 10:12-13

If you think you are standing strong, be careful not to fall.

The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.


Thus tests are not to make us fail but to prove what we claim we are.


You say you cannot steal, that is not proved until you are given the responsibility of keeping money. That faith is proved when you remain faithful with the money you keep.


You say you are not promiscuous, that is not proved until you are exposed to seductive or innocent attractive ones and you do not compromise.


You say you are a good leader, that is not proved until you are given a position of authority and you take care of those you lead.


The list goes on . . .


Your faith is not abstract. Faith is proved by your works. The works are a product of obedience to the one You claim to have faith in.


James 2:17-18,21-22

So you see, faith by itself isn’t enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless.

Now someone may argue, “Some people have faith; others have good deeds.” But I say, “How can you show me your faith if you don’t have good deeds? I will show you my faith by my good deeds.”

Don’t you remember that our ancestor Abraham was shown to be right with God by his actions when he offered his son Isaac on the altar?

You see, his faith and his actions worked together. His actions made his faith complete.


Again: "The evidence of your faith is shown by your works!"


You cannot just speak faith then work in disobedience it does not correlate, you just don't have faith.


Christ said:


Matthew 7:21

“Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter.


You must prove your faith by obedience!


If you truly love the Lord nothing will be too precious or big to sacrifice for Him.


Genesis 22:12

“Don’t lay a hand on the boy!” the angel said. “Do not hurt him in any way, for now I know that you truly fear God. You have not withheld from me even your son, your only son.”


The test of sacrifice is the first test to pass before your ministry in the Lord begins!


So, do you have faith, or so you just speak about faith?


Live a life of faith!


Romans 1:17

This Good News tells us how God makes us right in his sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scriptures say, “It is through faith that a righteous person has life.”


Galatians 2:20

My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.


So help us Good Lord.


He calls us blessed.


Love

@the watcher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES