CLARITY BY THE SON

John 1:14-16

So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father’s one and only Son.

John testified about him when he shouted to the crowds, “This is the one I was talking about when I said, ‘Someone is coming after me who is far greater than I am, for he existed long before me.’”

From his abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after another.


People wonder what the scriptures really is. Some scholars will tell you that the old testament or the Torah and the prophets are what is known as scriptures. These was what Jesus and His disciples referred to as scriptures.


However they remained unclear to those who read them because the love and person of the Heavenly Father was not revealed to those who read. As Paul explained:


2 Corinthians 3:14-16

But the people’s minds were hardened, and to this day whenever the old covenant is being read, the same veil covers their minds so they cannot understand the truth. And this veil can be removed only by believing in Christ.

Yes, even today when they read Moses’ writings, their hearts are covered with that veil, and they do not understand.

But whenever someone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.


As Jesus explained:


Luke 4:18

“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, for he has anointed me to bring Good News to the poor. 

He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released, that the blind will see, that the oppressed will be set free, 


He was referring to the prophesy Isaiah gave about Him (Isaiah 61) which the scholars did not understand.


John 5:39

“You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me!


So Christ came to bring clarity to the person of the Father.


John 14:8-9

Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied.”

Jesus replied, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don’t know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you?


In the same way, the Holy Spirit reveals Christ to anyone who believes:


John 14:17,23,26

He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn’t looking for him and doesn’t recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you.

Jesus replied, “All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them.

But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you.


If you have not understood and accepted this truth you will keep going round in circles with religion and laws and never enjoy the life which the Heavenly Father gave through Christ Jesus.


Christ brought clarity, why should anyone remain or return to bondage.


John 1:4-5

The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone.

The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.


Come and stay in the light.


His light will shine on all that concerns us, we prosper in all good things.


So when you read about Christ teachings and the revelations we receive from the letter of the disciples, you see scriptures revealed by the power of the Holy Spirit.


As Philip asked:


Acts 8:30-31,35

Philip ran over and heard the man reading from the prophet Isaiah. Philip asked, “Do you understand what you are reading?”

The man replied, “How can I, unless someone instructs me?” And he urged Philip to come up into the carriage and sit with him.

So beginning with this same Scripture, Philip told him the Good News about Jesus.


Glory to God forevermore.


He calls us blessed.


Love

@the watcher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES