I AM FOR CHRIST

1 Corinthians 1:10

I appeal to you, dear brothers and sisters, by the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ, to live in harmony with each other. Let there be no divisions in the church. Rather, be of one mind, united in thought and purpose.


Paul was worried about the division in the church, believers were behaving like toddlers, this one will say I am for Pastor this, Bishop that, Prophet this , etc.


Then comes the big bang question:


1 Corinthians 1:13

Has Christ been divided into factions? Was I, Paul, crucified for you? Were any of you baptized in the name of Paul? Of course not!


As simple as the question is, it is both a factual and dangerous question.


In as much as you do have a spiritual leader, mentor, teacher and the like, we must never forget who we truly belong to.


See humans have created a lot of structures most likely for the good to keep things running. Religion itself is such a structure. I always repeat this, don't be deceived, God has no religion. No, ALL religions are man-made.


So in fellowshipping under the watchful eyes and guidance of the called of the Lord, never forget who the true guardian is. He is the Heavenly Father through His Son Jesus the Christ and by the power of His Spirit who lives in you if you have been saved.


(Not all who have followers no matter the number are called of the Lord. Selah - Acts 5:33-42)


If you get this right you help yourself and even those who lead you. Selah


So no one can take the place of Christ in your life, as Paul poked us, He made the sacrifice, He paid the price, He redeemed us and He is the One that keeps us and will keep us after here.


When we know and understand this we can then be able to keep this instruction:


1 Corinthians 1:10

I appeal to you, dear brothers and sisters, by the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ, to live in harmony with each other. Let there be no divisions in the church. Rather, be of one mind, united in thought and purpose.


Also this prayer will be true in our lives:


John 17:20-22,24,26

“I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message.

I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me.

“I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one.

Father, I want these whom you have given me to be with me where I am. Then they can see all the glory you gave me because you loved me even before the world began!

I have revealed you to them, and I will continue to do so. Then your love for me will be in them, and I will be in them.”


Help us Good Lord.


Heavenly Father You have called us blessed. Halleluyah


Love

@the watcher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES