PRAISE INSTEAD OF WORRY

Psalms 71:6-8

Yes, you have been with me from birth; from my mother’s womb you have cared for me. 

No wonder I am always praising you!

My life is an example to many, because you have been my strength and protection.

That is why I can never stop praising you; I declare your glory all day long.


I should put my mind on all the good things the Lord has done for me, the Psalmist says in the opening verse, "from my mother’s womb you have cared for me".

Truly look at it, you could have been switched off before you were born, what really would you have done about it?


Glory to God we are living. However, does this stop our complain?


As I said earlier I should focus on all the good things God has done for me, on the contrary I could decide to focus only on what it seems the Lord has NOT done for me. This then brings worry, anxiety, doubt and thus ungrateful attitude.


Well, what do you gain from that?


You definitely don't gain, you actually lose, for the joy of your victory are whipped off by your desire or longing for what seems not to have been done. Let us take the children of Israel for an example. They watched how the children of Egypt were punished even to the death of all first born sons, yet on the way they could only see the obstacle - the red sea.


Again, they crossed the red sea, and then they had to eat, they forgot the parting of the red sea and only thought of returning to Egypt.


Exodus 16:2-3

There, too, the whole community of Israel complained about Moses and Aaron.

“If only the Lord had killed us back in Egypt,” they moaned. “There we sat around pots filled with meat and ate all the bread we wanted. But now you have brought us into this wilderness to starve us all to death.”


When we read these stories we wonder at the gross lack of faith. We instead ought to look at ourselves and wonder at our own lack of faith. Our faith is shown in our actions or inactions!


Listen, we must all learn to dwell on what the Lord has done, it will assure our heart of what He will yet do, or do I say manifest.


David got it right:


1 Samuel 17:33-37

“Don’t be ridiculous!” Saul replied. “There’s no way you can fight this Philistine and possibly win! You’re only a boy, and he’s been a man of war since his youth.”

But David persisted. “I have been taking care of my father’s sheep and goats,” he said. “When a lion or a bear comes to steal a lamb from the flock,

I go after it with a club and rescue the lamb from its mouth. If the animal turns on me, I catch it by the jaw and club it to death.

I have done this to both lions and bears, and I’ll do it to this pagan Philistine, too, for he has defied the armies of the living God!

The Lord who rescued me from the claws of the lion and the bear will rescue me from this Philistine!” Saul finally consented. “All right, go ahead,” he said. “And may the lord be with you!”


Hear it again:


"The Lord who rescued me from the claws of the lion and the bear will rescue me from this Philistine!”


That is the spirit, the testimony breeds the victory? Our testimony today is in Christ Jesus.


Romans 8:32

Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else?


So we learn today to keep praising, for our Lord who gave us His only begotten Son can give us all things.


He said:


Jeremiah 32:27

“I am the Lord, the God of all the peoples of the world. Is anything too hard for me?


So when those things want to arise to bring fear, to bring you down, remind them that the Lord has done greater things for you, thus this one is small for Him to do.


Instead of worrying, start praising.


He calls us blessed.


Love

@the watcher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES