LET HIM HOLD YOU

Matthew 11:26-28

Yes, Father, it pleased you to do it this way!

“My Father has entrusted everything to me. No one truly knows the Son except the Father, and no one truly knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.”

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.


You know that while growing into maturity our children seem to want to be self reliant, they don't want you dishing out orders to them, restricting them on this and that (though almost all of them would want you to keep supplying the money and stuffs), they want to receive from you but don't want to be fully accountable to how it was utilized.


Truly, we want our children to grow and have some sort of independence, but as they grow we do not want them to lose the process and instruction that the growing will be a fruitful one and not stunted.


The same way it is with us and the Heavenly Father, He is not trying to cage us in, however He is Father and we must allow Him guide us through the way.


Firstly, He has made the way, just like He instructed them in the beginning and the allowed the enemy to take them off track, He has created the one and final way, yet many are going off track because of unbelieve, sentiment and distractions.


Jesus said:


Matthew 11:26

Yes, Father, it pleased you to do it this way!


Your sentiment, believes and what people say, doesn't matter, that is how the Heavenly Father has done it.


John 14:6

Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.


This is where we must be "a child" about it, in trying to take charge of ourselves, we fail.


God has stretched His hands out to hold us and to guide us through it all, will we release ourselves to Him or keep pressing on to futility?


Ephesians 2:8-10

God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God.

Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.

For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.


So why keep struggling, why remain in ignorance and holding on to failure. The Lord wants to hold you.


I love the chorus of the song by Casting Crowns - "Just be Held"


… So when you're on your knees and answers seem so far away

You're not alone, stop holding on and just be held

Your world's not falling apart, it's falling into place

I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held

Just be held, just be held


Will you allow the Lord hold you. Or will you prefer to hold on to religion, sentiments, fear, self righteousness. . .


Jesus said: COME!


See no one else can say this but God Himself!


I also love this bridge from the Commissioned's song - "I am here"


Tell Me why do you insist on loving Me from a distance

I offer you My love but still there is resistance

Draw nigh unto Me and I'll draw nigh to you

There's nothing that I wouldn't do for you

I lay down My life to prove My love to you

Stop hear My voice take a look around

Seek My face while I yet may be found


God said this concerning the nation of Israel:


Isaiah 65:2

All day long I opened my arms to a rebellious people. 

But they follow their own evil paths and their own crooked schemes.


But not for us because we are:


Hebrews 10:39

But we are not like those who turn away from God to their own destruction. We are the faithful ones, whose souls will be saved.


Glory to God.


Let the Lord hold you. 


Yes Lord, here I am.


He calls us blessed.


Love

@the watcher 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES