SPIRITUAL WISDOM

Ephesians 1:17

asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and insight so that you might grow in your knowledge of God.


Paul was full of joy at the good report on the church at Ephesus, they were testified to be of strong faith in the Lord Jesus and full of love for God's people everywhere:


Ephesians 1:15-16

Ever since I first heard of your strong faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for God’s people everywhere,

I have not stopped thanking God for you. I pray for you constantly,


Can we see those two factors? Strong faith and love.


Do we see them in our church today? Yes the church has battled so many interference from the gate of hell, but what the Lord said is that it will not prevail.


Today with the most relevant part of scriptures exposed to all people many still wallow in ignorance. Why? They refuse to accept wisdom.


Proverbs 1:20-25

Wisdom shouts in the streets. She cries out in the public square.

She calls to the crowds along the main street, to those gathered in front of the city gate:

“How long, you simpletons, will you insist on being simpleminded? 

How long will you mockers relish your mocking? How long will you fools hate knowledge?

Come and listen to my counsel. 

I’ll share my heart with you and make you wise.

“I called you so often, but you wouldn’t come. I reached out to you, but you paid no attention.

You ignored my advice and rejected the correction I offered.


Relate with the Lord's call:


Revelation 3:19-20

I correct and discipline everyone I love. So be diligent and turn from your indifference.

“Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.


Listen, the Heavenly Father was talking to the people of Israel through the prophet and said:


Hosea 4:6a

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: 


What knowledge is referred to here?


THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE HEAVENLY FATHER:


Hosea 4:6

My people are being destroyed because they don’t know me. 

Since you priests refuse to know me, I refuse to recognize you as my priests. 

Since you have forgotten the laws of your God, I will forget to bless your children.


Many claim to be children of God, yet they do not know Him, it did not start today. The Pharisees and other religious people did not know the Heavenly Father so they could not know His Son.


John 8:42

Jesus told them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, because I have come to you from God. I am not here on my own, but he sent me.


Spiritual wisdom is in the knowledge of the Heavenly Father. The Heavenly Father is revealed by His Word, His Son Jesus the Christ.


This is why Paul's prayer for the church at Ephesus was . . .


Ephesians 1:16-17

I have not stopped thanking God for you. I pray for you constantly,

asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and insight so that you might grow in your knowledge of God.


So do we see our so called spiritual leaders pray this prayer for the church?


Instead we seek for another type of growth or increase.


No wonder we have gigantic edifices, some filled with people on worship days, yet the effect is not seen in the society. Evil is being perpetuated all over the place, when exposed we see the so called christians among them.


What is the pirority of our spiritual leaders today, what kind of promises are they dishing out, what prayers are they praying for the people? Is it not a scam?


Our leaders should be praying for wisdom to be released to the church, God's people should increase in the knowledge of Him.


When we begin to know Him then we begin to understand the incredible power and right He has given us as His children.


We will no longer see believers walking in ignorance, but believers walking in God's wisdom by His Spirit who dwells in us.


Remember without wisdom and the knowledge of God, God's people perish.


The story is recorded of a prophet Daniel who willful and schemely entered the lions cage in Ibadan to display the power of God over lions as was the case of Daniel as recorded in scriptures.


Simple wisdom would have taught him that all those recorded events took place not at the will of those who found themselves in that position, NO, they were thrown there not of their will but because of persecution arising from their faith. 


Daniel never jumped into the lions den, his three friends never walked into the furnace to prove a point, NO, they were thrown in as a result of their faith - persecution.


So as the man learnt the hard way: you do not test the Lord your God, it is disrespectful.


Jesus told the enemy this:


Luke 4:9-12

Then the devil took him to Jerusalem, to the highest point of the Temple, and said, “If you are the Son of God, jump off!

For the Scriptures say, 

‘He will order his angels to protect and guard you.

And they will hold you up with their hands so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone.’”

Jesus responded, “The Scriptures also say, ‘You must not test the Lord your God.’”


Spiritual wisdom is a necessity for every believer.


James 1:5

If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking.


Enough of all these hullabaloo on the alter, enough of all these mad chase after money, prestige and relevance, let wisdom fill the hearts of God's children all over the earth. That the earth might be filled with glory of God as the waters cover the sea.


Help us Good Lord.


He calls us blessed.


Love

@the watcher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES