OUR LIGHT AND OUR SALVATION

Psalms 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation— so why should I be afraid? 

The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?


Teaching a group of children about Psalm 27 in a night devotion, I switched off the power source to the bulbs making the room dark. I then asked them to read the bible, of course they could not. Putting on the power source the room was flooded with light, I then asked them to read their bibles and they could do so easily.


I then asked them why they could not read at the first instance, they responded that it was because there was no light. I also asked them how they felt when the large room was dark, they said they felt fear.


Now we can see what the Psalmist is saying:


Psalms 27:1 (message)

Light, space, zest -  that's God! So, with him on my side I'm fearless, afraid of no one and nothing.


Psalm 27:1 (KJV)

The LORD [is] my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD [is] the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?


The moment the Lord is out of the scene, there is darkness, confusion and fear, this must never be. This is why we have a lot of confusion here and there, false teachings, human philosophies and a chase after the wrong things.


The epistle of John started by introducing the light, for without Him man remains in confused (in darkness) and is in fear.


John 1:1-5

In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

He existed in the beginning with God. God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him.

The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone.

The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.


Glory to God, that is Christ Jesus, Yeshua Hamashiach, the very word giving meaning to all things via illumination.


The Psalmist says it again:


Psalms 119:105

Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.


This is why religion cannot save man, religion has been defined as man trying to find God, salvation is God finding man. We cannot reach God our own way, God is the one that can reach to us, when we seek Him heart fully.


That is why the scriptures says that You will find Him after you have searched for Him with all your heart. This is surrendering!


Jeremiah 29:11-13

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

In those days when you pray, I will listen.

If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.


Today we have religions who have coined the traditions of men and human devices into worship. No, the type of worshippers the Father seek are:


John 4:20-24

So tell me, why is it that you Jews insist that Jerusalem is the only place of worship, while we Samaritans claim it is here at Mount Gerizim, where our ancestors worshiped?”

Jesus replied, “Believe me, dear woman, the time is coming when it will no longer matter whether you worship the Father on this mountain or in Jerusalem.

You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews.

But the time is coming—indeed it’s here now—when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship him that way.

For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.”


Funny enough the Samaritans came to this truth before the Jews who were the point of entrance.


So understand where your illumination comes and who He is, then you will read scriptures and understand, you will have salvation and live in it. Fear is gone, peace comes.


2 Timothy 1:7

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.


Walk in this light, walk in this salvation, go out of all unholy fear.


As we go very close to the end of the year, may we be brought into clearer light of the understanding of Him who gives us salvation.


So help us Good Lord.


He calls us blessed.


Love

@the watcher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES