THE REWARD

Matthew 20:1,10

“For the Kingdom of Heaven is like the landowner who went out early one morning to hire workers for his vineyard.

When those hired first came to get their pay, they assumed they would receive more. But they, too, were paid a day’s wage.


There is this feeling of pride that some believers have as a result of how long they have come to know the Lord. 


"Do you know when I got saved?" 


"I was born by a Pastor, raised by a General Overseer, baptised by a bishop, confirmed by the pope and among the Alter servers etc, etc. . . 


All these boasts are laid to rest with this parable of Jesus about the kingdom. 


Matthew 20:1-16 (Please read) 


Listen to Jesus:


Matthew 20:16

“So those who are last now will be first then, and those who are first will be last.”


Should this make us discouraged, NO, get it right, the grace is different. Selah


Let me quickly make this clear the frustration of not having a job compared to the stress in doing a work are not really comparable. 


Those times people spend in the world would have cause them hurts that you who have known Him earlier have conveniently avoided. I remember one of my older friends telling me, while I was still very young, that he wished he knew the Lord at a younger age like I did them. Wait, let me tell you this, most of my mistakes and errors came after I knew the Lord. The errors I made was because I tried to experiment, due to my perceived ignorance and they cause(d) me hurt. (For those who understand) 


So back to the topic. 


Listen to Paul:


1 Corinthians 15:8-10

Last of all, as though I had been born at the wrong time, I also saw him.

For I am the least of all the apostles. In fact, I’m not even worthy to be called an apostle after the way I persecuted God’s church.

But whatever I am now, it is all because God poured out his special favor on me—and not without results. For I have worked harder than any of the other apostles; yet it was not I but God who was working through me by his grace.


So we do not look down on those who delayed in coming, some have not even been reached out to, until the hour is over, anyone can be brought to join the labour and the reward is the same. Eternal life. 


Yet still there are various other rewards, don't get it mixed up. For he who is faithful in a little will be trusted in more. It is not how long you have been at it but how well. Don't rest on your oars and feel, yes, I have arrived, let us learn from Jesus:


John 5:17

But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”


By the way, this is why you don't have to worry about the enemy he may be working to bring us down, the Heavenly Father is also working to keep us up. Thus our victory is sure, so we abide in the Heavenly Father. 


Stop the competition, stop worrying over other people's assignments, comparing ourselves to ourselves, focus on the assignment, treat others with love. 


2 Corinthians 10:12

Oh, don’t worry; we wouldn’t dare say that we are as wonderful as these other men who tell you how important they are! But they are only comparing themselves with each other, using themselves as the standard of measurement. How ignorant!


The Lord has helped us, we will not err. 


He calls us blessed. 


Love

@the watcher 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES