OBEDIENT SON

Matthew 21:29-30

The son answered, ‘No, I won’t go,’ but later he changed his mind and went anyway.

Then the father told the other son, ‘You go,’ and he said, ‘Yes, sir, I will.’ But he didn’t go.


Jesus talked with a lot of parables the way wise men do, given the hearers a dramatic representation of His teachings. However it took a wise mind and a heart of God to decode them. Most times He interpreted them. 


In this parable the Lord teaches us that it is not the one that does the affirmation that is the faithful one but the one who actually obeys. 


Listen to Jesus again:


Luke 6:46

“So why do you keep calling me ‘Lord, Lord!’ when you don’t do what I say?


For many claim to believe in Jesus but they do not accept what He says and do what He says. 


Just as we have said in previous studies, it is not how long you have come to know Him, neither is it about the titles you have acquired, but how have you walked in obedience. 


Those who just started out but walk in obedience are more acceptable to the Lord than those who claim to have been there but do not walk in obedience. 


To this scary verse again:


Matthew 7:21-23

“Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter.

On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’

But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’


We should never take the Lord lightly. 


Father we are fully committed to you, we will enjoy eternity with you, for where you are, there we will be also. So help us Good Lord. 


He calls us blessed. 


Love

@the watcher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES