IF HE IS WILLING

Matthew 8:2-3
Suddenly, a man with leprosy approached him and knelt before him. “Lord,” the man said, “if you are willing, you can heal me and make me clean.”
Jesus reached out and touched him. “I am willing,” he said. “Be healed!” And instantly the leprosy disappeared.

What He can do, the greatness of His power and His might is NOT contestable. There is nothing the Lord cannot do. However, will He do it?

This is one thing believers or even unbelievers fail to understand. It is one thing to have the power to do something, it is another to do it.

Do we understand the reasons why? No. We only know in part.

Recall Christ on the cross, was it that He could not decide to save Himself? NO, He knew what He was doing, yet at that time no one even His own understood.

Luke 23:35
The crowd watched and the leaders scoffed. “He saved others,” they said, “let him save himself if he is really God’s Messiah, the Chosen One.”

They mocked Him, because they did not understand.

This man in Matthew 8:2 knew that Christ had all the powers, yet in wisdom he also understand that it was one thing to have the power, it was another to be willing to use it.

Truly, we can only see as far as we can, we do not know what is happening in the spirit realm neither do we know what the future holds. We yet do not know all of God's plans, even the one He plans for us.

See Paul also:

2 Corinthians 12:7-9
even though I have received such wonderful revelations from God. So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud.
Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away.
Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.

There was a reason for the thorn, it was not that the Lord could not take it away from him, it was that the Lord was NOT willing to take it from him.

Wisdom is indeed needed here, to really know what the will of the Lord is. Many ministers avoid going through this type of teaching, however it still remains true. We just need to be careful not to confuse it with NEGATIVE thinking.

See Christ told the man not to broadcast his healing, it could be not to attract more attention at that time to the Messiah. Yet, it could be for the good of the one healed of the leprosy. For testimony killers exist(See John 12:10-11) - hello believers not all testimonies are broadcasted!

In all, never underestimate the role of PRAYERS!!!

So help us good Lord.

Dear Lord be willing to help us when we do need it. We don't know everything but we know that you have the best plans for us. HAVE YOUR WAY.

He calls us blessed.

Love
@the watcher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES