SEEKING THE SUPERNATURAL

 2 Corinthians 12:9

Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.


How many times have you asked for a supernatural experience? Moses beseeched the Lord that he might see His face, he actually was allowed to see the shadow of His back. . . Elder Moses yet did not enter the promised land. Check! 


There is nothing wrong with seeking the divine, however when we seek deep things, are we ready for the character and responsibilities involved? 


Paul saw, he had to be kept in check. 


2 Corinthians 12:7-8

even though I have received such wonderful revelations from God. So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud.

Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away.


Revelation 10:4 

And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.


Have you heard people boast of their encounters with God? What is their motive?


I remember admonishing some of our youths, in fellowship in my youth days, about the desires for supernatural experiences, they wanted to see more. I told them that the measure they see at that time may just be okay for them. For there is a measure of revelation that you receive that may not be to your advantage. For you will not be excusable, for to whom much is given, much is expected. 


I gave the example of Moses, He had so much experience of God, he could not be excused. 


*Luke 12:48

But someone who does not know, and then does something wrong, will be punished only lightly. When someone has been given much, much will be required in return; and when someone has been entrusted with much, even more will be required.*


Thus we must be careful how deep we seek. For deep humility is needed for those who will experience the divine. 


For you do not have to see the revelations, you don't to go to the levels of the heavens, you are yet in diaspora, in due time we will all come home. 


John 14:1-3

“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.

There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?

When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.


Hold on to your faith, let grace abound. 


Listen:


John 20:29

Then Jesus told him, “You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who believe without seeing me.”


Many have been deceived, with pictures, images, signs even so called miracles or do we say magic. They can take you up mountains, valleys, even through astral projections (what the occult has used to deceive and keep some in bondage), the question is, have you been a better for it? 


Matthew 24:23-26

“Then if anyone tells you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah,’ or ‘There he is,’ don’t believe it.

For false messiahs and false prophets will rise up and perform great signs and wonders so as to deceive, if possible, even God’s chosen ones.

See, I have warned you about this ahead of time.

“So if someone tells you, ‘Look, the Messiah is out in the desert,’ don’t bother to go and look. Or, ‘Look, he is hiding here,’ don’t believe it!


Don't get carried away, don't be trapped in religion, gimmicks, supernatural hunts, and other mundane things. Hold on to faith, and the only true faith is in Christ Jesus, who brings about the Father's grace and truth. 


Luke 18:8

I tell you, he will grant justice to them quickly! But when the Son of Man returns, how many will he find on the earth who have faith?”


Ephesians 2:8 

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:


Glory to God. 


May the Lord grant us more understanding. 


He calls us blessed. 


Love

@the watcher 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES