WHAT THE LORD WANTS FROM YOU

Hosea 6:6
I want you to show love, not offer sacrifices.
I want you to know me more than I want burnt offerings.

This is what Jesus came to do, to show us what the Heavenly Father wants from us. How to relate with Him, the very nature of the Father. That nature of love.

So you see even in the old testament, God told the children of Israel that His desire was for love, not the offering of sacrifices. Not that they should not sacrifice to Him but sacrifice without love is valueless. You sacrifice to the Heavenly Father because you love Him.

Paul explained it in 1 Corinthians chapter 13.

1 Corinthians 13:3
If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.

Do you know that obedience to God should be a product of loving Him? Jesus said:

John 14:15
“If you love me, obey my commandments.

The LORD went on to say that it is to know him that is more important than burnt offerings. Selah.

How can you be offering to one you do not know? For you to offer, there must be a relationship. That is why if a person offers to an idol, they build a relationship, a connection is established. May the Lord deliver many from religion!

The only way to know the Heavenly Father is through His Son Jesus the Christ.

John 1:18
No one has ever seen God. But the unique One, who is himself God, is near to the Father’s heart. He has revealed God to us.

John 14:6
Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

This verse will hunt many after this life, for they will see that they have no place with the Heavenly Father except through His Son.

John 3:18
“There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son.

Check out those in the times of old who attracted God's attention and recommendations, they were people who sought after Him, some of them were not even from Israel:

Do we mention: Abraham, Joseph, Daniel, Cornelius, the Centurion, the Samaritan and so on. They all had one common factor - their LOVE for God.

Today there is a lot of confusion, people are taught to hold on to so many things, ceremonies, practices, idols(in form of elementals and human worship), prophets, the dead, even their teacher or pastors etc. The most important factor is eluding many, the love of the Father which of course translates to the love of your fellows.

Matthew 7:21-23
“Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter.
On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’
But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’

We cannot afford to be careless:

Ephesians 5:17
Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do.

The evidence of your sonship is your desire to always do what pleases the Lord. Help us Good Lord.

Jesus said:

John 8:29
And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

What is therefore more important than pleasing the Lord. What will it take to draw your heart to the Lord? May we not resist Him.

What has taken your heart, pursuit of pleasure, money, fame, power, many who have reached/attained all these advice us that they are not relevant for happiness neither do they take away the pain. Then you have to be careful what you sacrifice. The mirage looks so bright till you enter into it to see that you only looked through a smoke screen. Nothing is valuable if it is not in the Heavenly Father.

Mark 8:36-37
And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul?
Is anything worth more than your soul?

Please the Lord.

He is the Good Lord.

He calls us blessed.

Love
@the watcher

Comments

  1. May the Lord grant us the grace to live with the consciousness of Him, constantly pleasing Him in all we do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES