REJECTION BROUGHT REDEMPTION

Hosea 2:23
At that time I will plant a crop of Israelites and raise them for myself.
I will show love to those I called ‘Not loved.’ And to those I called ‘Not my people,’ I will say, ‘Now you are my people.’
And they will reply, ‘You are our God!’”

We recall that the Lord chose the people of Israel among all the nations of the earth and called them His own, this was because of His pact with Abraham. The plan of course, was that through Israel, all nations will return to Him.

However, as we read through the old testament, from the time of the exodus, through the given of the law, the reign of judges, kings, prophets and even till captivity, the children of Israel were generally rebellious, they just couldn't stay loyal. They kept playing the whore. This was the reason the Lord asked Hosea to marry a prostitute, to illustrate the whoring nature of Israel.

They had to be punished.

Hosea 2:8-13
She doesn’t realize it was I who gave her everything she has— the grain, the new wine, the olive oil;
I even gave her silver and gold. But she gave all my gifts to Baal.
“But now I will take back the ripened grain and new wine I generously provided each harvest season.
I will take away the wool and linen clothing I gave her to cover her nakedness.
I will strip her naked in public, while all her lovers look on.
No one will be able to rescue her from my hands.
I will put an end to her annual festivals, her new moon celebrations, and her Sabbath days— all her appointed festivalsI will destroy her grapevines and fig trees, things she claims her lovers gave her.
I will let them grow into tangled thickets, where only wild animals will eat the fruit.
I will punish her for all those times when she burned incense to her images of Baal,
when she put on her earrings and jewels and went out to look for her lovers but forgot all about me,” says the Lord.

However this was not to be forever, Israel will return, be restored and be called God's own.

NOW THIS Israel WILL NOT BE OF PHYSICAL BIRTH, BUT OF SPIRITUAL. FOR THE NEW NATION OF Israel, ARE THOSE WHOSE FAITH ARE IN GOD. "Not a physical circumcision but a spiritual circumcision".

Hosea 2:16,19-20
When that day comes,” says the Lord, “you will call me ‘my husband’ instead of ‘my master.’
I will make you my wife forever, showing you righteousness and justice, unfailing love and compassion.
I will be faithful to you and make you mine, and you will finally know me as the Lord.

Now listen to verse 23:

Hosea 2:23
At that time I will plant a crop of Israelites and raise them for myself.
I will show love to those I called ‘Not loved.’ And to those I called ‘Not my people,’ I will say, ‘Now you are my people.’
And they will reply, ‘You are our God!’”

Romans 11:32-33
For God has imprisoned everyone in disobedience so he could have mercy on everyone.
Oh, how great are God’s riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his ways!

So we see that even in the rejection of the rebellious Israel, all can become the spiritual Israel of God.

However we must learn from the err of Israel of old, we must not go whoring. For there are many things that call for our hearts in the world. We must remember that we are married to Christ Jesus, thus we have no legal right to marry anyone else.

Our love, is in the Heavenly Father, who accepted us as the bride for His Son.

1 John 2:15-17
Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you.
For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world.
And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever.

We will not err, we will remain acceptable to the Heavenly Father, we will finish well. Glory to God.

He calls us blessed.

Love
@the watcher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES