NOT WITHOUT HIM

Hosea 8:4
The people have appointed kings without my consent, and princes without my approval.
By making idols for themselves from their silver and gold, they have brought about their own destruction.

The problem of rebellion is envisioned if we picture that child, who did not listen to us, give instructions they refuse to obey, they do things without consulting you then later come to you to solve the mess they entered because of their disobedience.

Hosea 8:2
Now Israel pleads with me, ‘Help us, for you are our God!’

Is it not wiser to have sought His help from the beginning? Why always play the prodigal? This error the children of Israel entered into again and again. They just seemed not to understand how to be led of the Lord.

For the hen knows that the hawk is its enemy, thus it guards its chicks against its threat, however those that wander off, away from her protection becomes exposed to the attack of the hawk - the enemy.

Psalms 91:1-3
Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
This I declare about the Lord:
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him.
For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease.

Wisdom is to ensure that you do not go without Him. We allow His Spirit guide all we do, then we will not err.

Hebrews 13:5b - 6
“I will never fail you.
 I will never abandon you.”
So we can say with confidence,
“The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?”

Thus as we go day after day, we endeavour to know Him more and our confidence is learning to trust in Him more and more. We cannot outgrow our dependence on Him.

Glory to God.

You do not have to walk alone.

He calls us blessed.

Love
@the watcher

Comments

  1. May we never depart from under the cover of His shadow

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES