TO LIVE WITH OTHERS IN MIND

Exodus 22:22-24
“You must not exploit a widow or an orphan.
If you exploit them in any way and they cry out to me, then I will certainly hear their cry.
My anger will blaze against you, and I will kill you with the sword. Then your wives will be widows and your children fatherless.

Exodus 22:25-27
“If you lend money to any of my people who are in need, do not charge interest as a money lender would.
If you take your neighbor’s cloak as security for a loan, you must return it before sunset.
This coat may be the only blanket your neighbor has. How can a person sleep without it? If you do not return it and your neighbor cries out to me for help, then I will hear, for I am merciful.

1John 3:11
For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

When we look at the instructions Moses gave to the children of Israel we see that they have to do with their interaction with God then their interactions with men be they their own brethren or outsiders. They key thing is that we must consider others, it is not always about us.

It is often said that where one's right ends the right of another begins. We must be conscious of others, that we do not become an offense. Jesus said it this way:

Matthew 7:12
“Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.

As we have seen these past days the summary of the law is love. This is the essence of Christ suffering, He bore it just for us, He looked at the glory to come which began at His resurrection, this is our celebration today. Love shown us that we can enjoy eternal life with the Father.

John 13:34
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

John 13:35
By this shall all [men] know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

John 15:12
This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Love is living with others in mind, for God's love was expressed in having us in mind. We must do the same and this is the essence of remembering the sacrifice of Christ.

It matters when love is the driving force.

He calls us blessed.

Love
@the watcher

Comments

  1. May the Lord endow us with all that are required spiritually to love our neighbours

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES