WHO CAN BE TRUSTED?

Reading carefully this discuss between Jacob and his uncle Laban. . .

Genesis 30:25-35
Soon after Rachel had given birth to Joseph, Jacob said to Laban, “Please release me so I can go home to my own country.
Let me take my wives and children, for I have earned them by serving you, and let me be on my way. You certainly know how hard I have worked for you.”
“Please listen to me,” Laban replied. “I have become wealthy, for the Lord has blessed me because of you.
Tell me how much I owe you. Whatever it is, I’ll pay it.”
Jacob replied, “You know how hard I’ve worked for you, and how your flocks and herds have grown under my care.
You had little indeed before I came, but your wealth has increased enormously. The Lord has blessed you through everything I’ve done. But now, what about me? When can I start providing for my own family?”
“What wages do you want?” Laban asked again. Jacob replied, “Don’t give me anything. Just do this one thing, and I’ll continue to tend and watch over your flocks.
Let me inspect your flocks today and remove all the sheep and goats that are speckled or spotted, along with all the black sheep. Give these to me as my wages.
In the future, when you check on the animals you have given me as my wages, you’ll see that I have been honest. If you find in my flock any goats without speckles or spots, or any sheep that are not black, you will know that I have stolen them from you.”
“All right,” Laban replied. “It will be as you say.”
But that very day Laban went out and removed the male goats that were streaked and spotted, all the female goats that were speckled and spotted or had white patches, and all the black sheep. He placed them in the care of his own sons,

Laban with his mouth confessed that he was blessed because Jacob was in his house. Had Jacob now become his slave? Were they not relatives, had Jacob not worked 14years to marry his daughters and had gotten children by them? Had he not continually kept Laban's cattle and sheep after then? Why the ill treatment? Why the wickedness?

The human factor sets in, when we do not allow the God nature in us to thrive, we see everyone as a competition. We feel the good things are meant for us alone, we cannot be happy that others prosper, this is not the character of God. It is evil.

Many who find themselves ahead of someone in one way or another fall into this foolishness. The question is "who put you in a competition?".

This is why we never put our trust in man, but in the Heavenly Father. Selah

We may all have stories to tell of how we have encountered this kind of treatment. We must ensure that we do not fall into the same error.

We can learn from how Abraham treated his nephew Lot. Even when it seemed Lot was ungrateful, he treated him with love and allowed him choose the best for himself. He went out to war to rescue him from captivity and further interceded for him when Sodom and Gomorrah was about to be destroyed.

The Heavenly Father has always recognized good deeds, for He Himself is Good.

May we never be the reason why another suffers or cries in injustice. We will not be oppressors and we will not be a victim. May we continually show our Father's nature.

1 Timothy 3:7
Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

So help us Good Lord.

He calls us blessed.

Love
@the watcher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES