SURRENDER (Psalm 139)

Psalms 139:23-24
Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.

In this Psalm, we see David express how open we are to the Heavenly Father. He knew us even before we were formally formed in our mother's womb.

Psalms 139:13,15
You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.

This goes further to our daily living, every thought He knows and before we speak any word, He knows what we are about to say.

Psalms 139:2,4
You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I’m far away.
You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord.

Remember Jesus said:

Matthew 6:7-8
“When you pray, don’t babble on and on as people of other religions do. They think their prayers are answered merely by repeating their words again and again.
Don’t be like them, for your Father knows exactly what you need even before you ask him!

Again David tells us:

Psalms 139:13-14
You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.

Listen to Jesus again:

Matthew 10:30-31
And the very hairs on your head are all numbered.
So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.

Knowing that we have a God who made us and knows all these about us, is it not wise to surrender totally to Him?

So David said:

Psalms 139:23-24
Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.

The wise man said:

Proverbs 3:5-8
Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.
Don’t be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the Lord and turn away from evil.
Then you will have healing for your body and strength for your bones.

Jesus said:

Matthew 10:28,32-33,39
“Don’t be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
“Everyone who acknowledges me publicly here on earth, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven.
But everyone who denies me here on earth, I will also deny before my Father in heaven.
If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give up your life for me, you will find it.

Have you been struggling with your life on your own? Have you been leaning on man, no matter what title or self acclamation they give themselves? Have you put your trust in riches, idols or other mundane things?

As we end the year, it is time to realign yourself to the one who has control of all things. HE HAS THE FINAL SAY.

SURRENDER ALL!

Let Him search you, purify you, justify and then bless you.

Psalms 139:5
You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head.

Glory to God.

He calls us blessed.

Love
@the watcher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES