KEEP PRAYING (Psalm 141)

Psalm 141:2
Let my prayer be set forth before thee [as] incense; [and] the lifting up of my hands [as] the evening sacrifice.

David shows us in this psalm, what to do when the enemy arises:

Psalms 141:8-9
I look to you for help, O Sovereign Lord. You are my refuge; don’t let them kill me. Keep me from the traps they have set for me, from the snares of those who do wrong.

We commit ourself to the Lord, He is the one who owns us and will keep us.

What will the enemies and powers that be, do? They would want to weigh you down, bringing various thoughts into your mind to burden you. They come in form of worries, fears and doubts. They do all these to take you away from prayer, worship and bible study. Once they occupy the mind thus, they can keep you weak and depressed, then they can have their way.

John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have [it] more abundantly.

Even pleasures and pursuit of riches can take away the mind of the believer from prayer and worship, then the powers of darkness can begin to have their way.

1 Timothy 6:6-10
Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth.
After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it.
So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content.
But people who long to be rich fall into temptation and are trapped by many foolish and harmful desires that plunge them into ruin and destruction.
For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. And some people, craving money, have wandered from the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows.

Whatever it is, do not allow anything separate you from constant fellowship with the Heavenly Father. Remember that His presence is promised when we gather in His name.

John 14:13
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Matthew 18:20
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

John 14:14
If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do [it].

This is why the enemies try to fight your spiritual activities, for once the carnal mind is heightened, the believer is left vulnerable and they have their way.

Galatians 5:16
[This] I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

We must never forget that the true life we have is in the Spirit, the flesh will be destroyed. Feed the Spirit, stay in prayer, stay in fellowship with the Spirit.

PRAY, STUDY AND WORSHIP also FELLOWSHIP!

The Lord will keep and preserve us.

1Thessalonians 5:23
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and [I pray God] your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Amen.

He calls us blessed.

Love
@the watcher.

Comments

  1. May His spirit keep us in the direction of making the right request from Him

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES