REST ON HIS PROMISES (Psalm 119 pt 4)

Psalms 119:49-50
Remember your promise to me; it is my only hope.
Your promise revives me; it comforts me in all my troubles.

What do we hold on to as believers? God's word, yes His promises, this is our motivation. It is where our trust is. It is not in man, for we know that man can fail but God remains faithful.

Psalm 20:7
Some [trust] in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.

It is because we know this that we do not foolishly work in sin, for it is lack of faith that breeds sin. That is why the enemy starts by tampering with our faith.

Psalms 119:54-56
Your decrees have been the theme of my songs wherever I have lived.
I reflect at night on who you are, O Lord; therefore, I obey your instructions.
This is how I spend my life: obeying your commandments.

Therefore we have no business being afraid of the wicked. Neither do we fear man, no matter how high they think they are. For we have respect for all men. No one should play the God in our lives. For if God is your King all earthly kings must bow!

The Lord has released mercy into the world, we who have been saved are testimonies to this. Just as scriptures says, the Heavenly Father does not desire the death of a sinner but that the sinner repents. So do not fret because that evil person is not punished immediately, God’s mercy is at work, however there is always a time for judgment.

Psalms 119:63-64
I am a friend to anyone who fears you—anyone who obeys your commandments.
O Lord, your unfailing love fills the earth; teach me your decrees.

Our job is to learn the ways of the Lord and live by them for we are His chosen generation. Halleluyah.

Remember His promises:

John 14:3
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, [there] ye may be also.

He dwells with us now by His Spirit. After here we will dwell with Him forever, when every pain and worry will be gone. We then rule with Him forever. Halleluyah.

Glory to God.

He calls us blessed.

Love
@the watcher.

Comments

  1. As for me and my household, we shall be worshiping only our Lord, God and Saviour

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES