HE LET US GO THROUGH PAIN, THAT WE MIGHT GAIN (Psalm 119 pt 5)

Psalms 119:71
My suffering was good for me, for it taught me to pay attention to your decrees.

I remember as a youth leader when questions like "why would God not reveal Himself fully to me?", "why can't I hear directly from God? "I want to do exploits, I want to go beyond these experiences and see God" etc.

I do answer to let them know that there is always the growth process which is good for every believer that they might not err. For examples are in scriptures of those who did not got through the process, they did not do well at the end.

For what the Lord may overlook for a growing believer, He may not overlook for the matured believer who has experienced great things with Him. Selah

The Psalmist here understood that he is chastised when he errs. His wisdom is that he understood his mistakes and is ready to be led by the word.

Psalms 119:65-68
You have done many good things for me, Lord, just as you promised.
I believe in your commands; now teach me good judgment and knowledge.
I used to wander off until you disciplined me; but now I closely follow your word.
You are good and do only good; teach me your decrees.

We cannot afford to be arrogant!

Psalms 119:69-70,72
Arrogant people smear me with lies, but in truth I obey your commandments with all my heart.
Their hearts are dull and stupid, but I delight in your instructions.
Your instructions are more valuable to me than millions in gold and silver.

Arrogant to who, your creator?

Psalms 119:73
You made me; you created me. Now give me the sense to follow your commands.

For if you do not follow His word, it doesn't make sense, you are categorized under the foolish.

One beautiful thing about the Heavenly Father is that after the chastisement, He brings you peace and comforts you, for all He allows you go through are for your good. What a loving Father.

Psalms 119:74-77
May all who fear you find in me a cause for joy, for I have put my hope in your word.
I know, O Lord, that your regulations are fair; you disciplined me because I needed it.
Now let your unfailing love comfort me, just as you promised me, your servant.
Surround me with your tender mercies so I may live, for your instructions are my delight.

1 Peter 5:10
But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle [you].

Every pain the believer faces is just for a little while, and it will always work out for our good.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Glory to God.

May our desire always be to please the Lord.

Psalms 119:78b-80
meanwhile, I will concentrate on your commandments.
Let me be united with all who fear you, with those who know your laws.
May I be blameless in keeping your decrees; then I will never be ashamed.

Halleluyah.

For all things work for our good. Praise the name of the Lord.

He calls us blessed.

Love
@the watcher.

Comments

  1. May the Lord always fill us with the spirit to love Him forever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teach me thy way oh Lord and let me not depart from under thy cover

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES