LOVE IS THE DRIVING FORCE FOR OBEDIENCE (Psalm 119 part 3)

Psalm 119:35
Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight.

For when we look at the ten commandments, which is the model of God's command to man we see it's structure. The first four declared concerning God and the remaining declared concerning fellow man.

While we look at it as dos and don'ts, which is the outward show, the Heavenly Father looks at the driving force "our heart".

Thus Jesus declared:

Mark 12:29-31
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments [is], Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this [is] the first commandment.
And the second [is] like, [namely] this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Thus the driving force must be LOVE!

1 Corinthians 13:1-3
If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing.
If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.

For what obedience can you display if love is not the driving force? For even the working of miracles and display of spiritual gifts ought to be prompted by love, what else? It is not for show off, or to fleece people. This is why it seems the miracles and spiritual gifts are scarce. The driving force is wrong, thus people turn to lies, manipulations and strange powers (woe unto them).

Psalms 119:36-37,40
Give me an eagerness for your laws rather than a love for money!
Turn my eyes from worthless things, and give me life through your word.
I long to obey your commandments! Renew my life with your goodness.

We must set our priorities right!

Psalms 119:46-48
I will speak to kings about your laws, and I will not be ashamed.
How I delight in your commands! How I love them!
I honor and love your commands. I meditate on your decrees.

Love must be your driving force.

1 John 5:1-3
Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has become a child of God. And everyone who loves the Father loves his children, too.
We know we love God’s children if we love God and obey his commandments.
Loving God means keeping his commandments, and his commandments are not burdensome.

2John 1:5&6
And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Yes, love must be our driving force, that is nature of the Heavenly Father's Spirit, and that is the Spirit we carry.

Galatians 5:22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

We walk in love.

Bless the name of the Lord. The Loving Father. He calls us blessed.

Love
@the watcher.

Comments

  1. Love of God manifest in human being through the true love of his environment and people therein. May the Lord instill perfect love in us

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES