FOCUS (Psalm 119 pt. 7)

Psalms 119:113,115
I hate those with divided loyalties, but I love your instructions.
Get out of my life, you evil-minded people, for I intend to obey the commands of my God.

One reason many of us have not gotten it right as believers, is that we have not focused.

Acts 2:46
And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

We live in a world filled with distractions, there is a goal, a looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith. However it is not mere saying it, we must live it.

Psalms 119:114,125
You are my refuge and my shield; your word is my source of hope.
Give discernment to me, your servant; then I will understand your laws.

Every believer must decide to focus, for without focus we may not even hear what the Spirit is saying.

Without focus we may hear and not understand.

Without focus, we may hear, understand and not obey.

When we focus on the Heavenly Father we then see His instruction as greater and better than all distractions. Then obedience comes easy.

Psalms 119:127-128
Truly, I love your commands more than gold, even the finest gold.
Each of your commandments is right. That is why I hate every false way.

Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

May we never lose focus, for we look up to the Heavenly Father for this earth and the world to come. We can never be disappointed.

Glory to God.

He calls us blessed.

Love
@the watcher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES