WHEN YOU ARE TRUSTED WITH AUTHORITY (Psalm 101)

Psalm 101:6
Mine eyes [shall be] upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me: he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me.

When in the position of authority, what will be your testimony, will you bring glory to God or would you make a mess of the privilege?

Let us see these two testimonies:

1 Kings 15:9-11
Asa began to rule over Judah in the twentieth year of Jeroboam’s reign in Israel.
Asa did what was pleasing in the Lord's sight, as his ancestor David had done.

compared to,

1 Kings 16:23,25
Omri began to rule over Israel in the thirty-first year of King Asa’s reign in Judah. He reigned twelve years in all, six of them in Tirzah.
But Omri did what was evil in the Lord's sight, even more than any of the kings before him.

This was how the reign of kings in Israel and Judah were recorded. Some walked in righteousness others decided to walk in wickedness. What is your testimony?

See David's testimony in this Psalm. This was his resolution.

Psalms 101:2-5
I will be careful to live a blameless life—when will you come to help me?
I will lead a life of integrity in my own home.
I will refuse to look at anything vile and vulgar.
I hate all who deal crookedly; I will have nothing to do with them.
I will reject perverse ideas and stay away from every evil. I will not tolerate people who slander their neighbors.
I will not endure conceit and pride.

Some would say, "Am I a leader, who am I leading?"

You are a leader if you are:
* a parent or guardian
* a teacher
* a head of unit, section or department, a manager or administrator
* a representative of government
* a business or company owner, an employer
* an elected representative whether to government or otherwise
* a president, governor, chairman or councilor for a country, state, local government, province or ward
* a pastor or minister. . .

The list continues, who can be excluded?

For it takes one who has responsibility to be expected to give account. Certainly EVERYONE WILL GIVE ACCOUNT.

Psalms 101:6-7
I will search for faithful people to be my companions.
Only those who are above reproach will be allowed to serve me.
I will not allow deceivers to serve in my house, and liars will not stay in my presence.

Do you know that the fact that you are saved automatically makes you a leader?

John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:

2 Corinthians 5:20
So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!”

Matthew 5:13
Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

As believers we give the world the true taste of its creator.

See the way "the message" puts this verse:

Psalm 101:6
But I have my eye on salt-of-the-earth people -  they're the ones I want working with me; Men and women on the straight and narrow -  these are the ones I want at my side.

This is what is expected of our leaders, these are the type of leaders we should pray for and vote into power:

Psalms 101:7-8
But no one who traffics in lies gets a job with me; I have no patience with liars. I've rounded up all the wicked like cattle and herded them right out of the country.
I purged God's city of all who make a business of evil. A prayer of one whose life is falling to pieces, and who lets God know just how bad it is.

Glory to God.

May we be known as good leaders, may we have a good testimony. May we please the Heavenly Father.

Let us say, "It begins with me", "I will shine that light", "I will have a good testimony".

The LORD will help us.

He calls us blessed.

Love
@the watcher.

Comments

  1. May the Lord give us the wisdom to do well in whatever position He put us in life. May He guide our leaders aright

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES