OUT OF DAVID (Psalm 89)

Psalm 89:1
I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.

God's covenants are faithful to all generations. Yes for even when those who were to inherit errs, He still keeps His promises. What they at those times did not know was that it expanded more than what they imagined.

Psalm 89:3-4
I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant,
Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.

It is not as if the teachers of the law then did not know, but they had the wrong expectation and a carnal view of the revelation of the son of David. Furthermore, they wanted to keep their exalted positions.

For many including the blind recognized Jesus as the son of David:

Matthew 20:31
And the multitude rebuked them, because they should hold their peace: but they cried the more, saying, Have mercy on us, O Lord, [thou] Son of David.

Yes, Christ Jesus was the seed of David that would rule for all generations.

Acts 13:22-23
And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the [son] of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.
Of this man's seed hath God according to [his] promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

and

Romans 1:3
Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

Every scripture testify of the Lord Christ, why would anyone miss out of this salvation.

This Psalm talks of the suffering He would face when He would bear the wounds and sins of man.

Psalm 89:50
Remember, Lord, the reproach of thy servants; [how] I do bear in my bosom [the reproach of] all the mighty people;

Oh God's love for us is expressed in what He allowed His Son to suffer that we may enjoy eternal life with Him.

Glory to God. We will live His life, we will spread the news abroad. The Lord be magnified forever. Halleluyah.

Psalm 89:52
Blessed [be] the LORD for evermore. Amen, and Amen.

He yet calls us blessed.

Love
@the watcher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES