GREATEST (Psalm 96)

Psalms 96:4
Great is the Lord! He is most worthy of praise! He is to be feared above all gods.

Man has from the fall always been dependent on a higher being. The dying body knows that it cannot sustain itself, and the breathed soul desires its immortality.

An idol in one definition is:

A graven image or representation of anything that is revered, or believed to convey spiritual power.

Yes they do exist, powers and forces who control various places, furthermore are fallen angels, and offspring of powers they try to control and influence different parts of the earth.

However what does this Psalm say about them?

Psalms 96:5
The gods of other nations are mere idols, but the Lord made the heavens!

There is only one supreme being, the Heavenly Father Himself. Who revealed Himself to Abraham down the line to Moses and continued through Israel to reach the whole world.

He is above every idol, whatever name or position they try to give it. Krishna, Allah, Buddah, Zeus, Brahma, Ganesha, Mahavira, Vishnu, etc.

He remains Almighty!

Every being and nation will yet recognize Him:

Psalms 96:6-7
Honor and majesty surround him; strength and beauty fill his sanctuary.
O nations of the world, recognize the Lord; recognize that the Lord is glorious and strong.

Yes, some may not believe now, but eventually will, for the truth cannot be hidden.

It was for a time that the Lord allowed all these powers to reign, however at fullness of time when He revealed Himself to the world through, the Messiah, His Word, Jesus the Christ every man is called to return to the Heavenly Father.

Psalms 96:9-11
Worship the Lord in all his holy splendor. Let all the earth tremble before him.
Tell all the nations, “The Lord reigns!” The world stands firm and cannot be shaken. He will judge all peoples fairly.
Let the heavens be glad, and the earth rejoice! Let the sea and everything in it shout his praise!

Yes

Acts 17:24-31
“He is the God who made the world and everything in it. Since he is Lord of heaven and earth, he doesn’t live in man-made temples,
and human hands can’t serve his needs—for he has no needs. He himself gives life and breath to everything, and he satisfies every need.
From one man he created all the nations throughout the whole earth. He decided beforehand when they should rise and fall, and he determined their boundaries.
“His purpose was for the nations to seek after God and perhaps feel their way toward him and find him—though he is not far from any one of us.
For in him we live and move and exist. As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’
And since this is true, we shouldn’t think of God as an idol designed by craftsmen from gold or silver or stone.
“God overlooked people’s ignorance about these things in earlier times, but now he commands everyone everywhere to repent of their sins and turn to him.
For he has set a day for judging the world with justice by the man he has appointed, and he proved to everyone who this is by raising him from the dead.”

It is Christ Jesus who reveals the Heavenly Father, any religion or believe outside of Him is a wasted effort.

John 14:6-14
Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.
If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is. From now on, you do know him and have seen him!”
Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied.”
Jesus replied, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don’t know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you?
Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words I speak are not my own, but my Father who lives in me does his work through me.
Just believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or at least believe because of the work you have seen me do.
“I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father.
You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father.
Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it!

None before or after Him.

John 10:7-9
so he explained it to them: “I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep.
All who came before me were thieves and robbers. But the true sheep did not listen to them.
Yes, I am the gate. Those who come in through me will be saved. They will come and go freely and will find good pastures.

Luke 21:8
And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am [Christ]; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

How great our Heavenly Father is, He has made the way for us, why should we seek another.

Luke 9:35
Then a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, my Chosen One. Listen to him.”

Mark 9:7
Then a cloud overshadowed them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my dearly loved Son. Listen to him.”

Philosophers will continue to increase, intellectuals trying to prove one religion or another, arguing, contesting even gathering population and numbers however what is true remains:

John 3:3,5,13,15-16,18-19
Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God.”
Jesus replied, “I assure you, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit.
No one has ever gone to heaven and returned. But the Son of Man has come down from heaven.
so that everyone who believes in him will have eternal life.
“For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
“There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son.
And the judgment is based on this fact: God’s light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil.

Share this link to many, spread the  good news to as many as you can, for when we leave here all will know this truth.

Psalms 96:9-13
Worship the Lord in all His holy splendor. Let all the earth tremble before Him.
Tell all the nations, “The Lord reigns!” The world stands firm and cannot be shaken. He will judge all peoples fairly.
Let the heavens be glad, and the earth rejoice! Let the sea and everything in it shout his praise!
Let the fields and their crops burst out with joy! Let the trees of the forest sing for joy before the Lord, for He is coming!
He is coming to judge the earth.
He will judge the world with justice, and the nations with His truth.

Glory to the Heavenly Father, the Greatest, Halleluyah.

He calls us blessed.

Love
@the watcher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES