WHY LIVE RIGHT? (Psalm 73)

Psalms 73:13
Did I keep my heart pure for nothing? Did I keep myself innocent for no reason?

Most of us may have at one point or another thought like this. Why the discipline, why live right, what is the need for all these faithfulness?

Just as the Psalmist thought in Psalm 73. Those who lived wrongly, who choose wicked ways and do abominable things seem to prosper, it seemed to him that they had no troubles at all. That nobody bothers them:

Psalms 73:3-7
For I envied the proud when I saw them prosper despite their wickedness.
They seem to live such painless lives; their bodies are so healthy and strong.
They don’t have troubles like other people; they’re not plagued with problems like everyone else.
They wear pride like a jeweled necklace and clothe themselves with cruelty.
These fat cats have everything their hearts could ever wish for!

He then wandered why it was that we who did right seemed to face challenges and attack here and there:

Psalms 73:14
I get nothing but trouble all day long; every morning brings me pain.

He did not get a true picture of the situation till He entered into the presence of the Lord:

Psalms 73:16-17
So I tried to understand why the wicked prosper.
But what a difficult task it is!Then I went into your sanctuary, O God, and I finally understood the destiny of the wicked.

All is not always what it seems!

Psalms 73:18-20
Truly, you put them on a slippery path and send them sliding over the cliff to destruction.
In an instant they are destroyed, completely swept away by terrors.
When you arise, O Lord, you will laugh at their silly ideas as a person laughs at dreams in the morning.

For who does the enemy persecute, if not those whose heart are on the Lord?

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

For the victory is for those who keep the faith, who do not get carried away by the false representation of the wicked. For both here and in time after, their lot would not be envied anymore.

It took the Psalmist to enter into God’s presence to understand. It takes one to come into salvation to be able to see the true situation of things. For when you receive God's Spirit He enables you to see beyond the foolishness of the flesh.

John 12:40
 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with [their] eyes, nor understand with [their] heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

Acts 28:27
For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with [their] eyes, and hear with [their] ears, and understand with [their] heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

For one truth is clear:

1 Peter 3:12
For the eyes of the Lord [are] over the righteous, and his ears [are open] unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord [is] against them that do evil.

For where are those you envied yesterday, those who seemed to be having a filled day, looting, killing and doing so much evil yesterday(s)?

Where are those evil rulers that seemed that they would be on the throne forever?

Where are those ones that kept threatening you?

Psalms 73:19
In an instant they are destroyed, completely swept away by terrors.

2Thessalonians 2:8
And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

Yes for not only the antichrist will be destroyed this way, but all who stand against the Lord now.

Psalms 73:20 & 27
When you arise, O Lord, you will laugh at their silly ideas as a person laughs at dreams in the morning.
Those who desert him will perish, for you destroy those who abandon you.

Have you blasphemed because of this ignorance. Repent.

Psalms 73:15,21-23
If I had really spoken this way to others, I would have been a traitor to your people.
Then I realized that my heart was bitter, and I was all torn up inside.
I was so foolish and ignorant—I must have seemed like a senseless animal to you.
Yet I still belong to you; you hold my right hand.

IT PAYS TO LIVE RIGHT!

Proverbs 4:19
The way of the wicked as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.

Let us stay in the Lord's presence that we may not get carried away by the sham of evil men.

For when we please the Lord who then would we be afraid of?

Psalms 73:28
But as for me, how good it is to be near God! I have made the Sovereign lord my shelter, and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do.

Proverbs 12:28
In the way of righteousness [is] life; and [in] the pathway [thereof there is] no death.

2Thessalonians 3:13
But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.

For we are of the Lord, we live like Him, this is wisdom.

Glory to God. We are blessed here and in time to come. Halleluyah.

He calls us blessed.

Love
@the watcher.

Comments

  1. May we not be led to temptation in life. May we continue to see the beauty of our existence in all the situation without jealousy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES